Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is so much info out there that I am overwhelmed and would like some first hand suggestions on something affordable that will work well.
Just picked Up a new in the Box Styer HS .50 BMG rifle. Looking for a Good quality MIll Dot Scope that wont break the Bank.
Thinking Leupold Mk4 or 5 would be Nice??
Cant afford a Swarovski....lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
You must have scoped it by now,it's been a while since I bought a Leupold Mk4 but the 10 power seems like a good general purpose scope and the target turrets work like they are supposed to. I am curious about the recoil in even these heavyweight bolt action guns with full pop ammo like say IMI. I'm getting older and weigh less than 170 lbs., sending 80 rounds of snappy IMI down range in an hour or two with the Barrett semi auto was no problem years ago but the recoil is different,more of a long push and my hearing is already toast. I believe the owners manual tells the shooter to try and remember to keep their mouth closed when firing so as to negate muzzle brake blast concussion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.