Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved an e-mail from Centry Int. Arms on August specials.
Israli K98 mauser's in .308

RI1415-F Czech Manufactured K98 Mauser Rifle Cal. .308 (C&R Eligible) Fair Condition

RI1416-F Belgium Manufactured K98 Mauser Rifle Cal. .308 (C&R Eligible) Fair Condition

Were $ 159.87 each Now $ 139.87 each
Was wondering if anyone had got any, and what shape it was in ??
the fabber39

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Fair cond. from Century means they look like they were dug up on an old battlefield, usually. Sometimes you get lucky and they send you a gun you can clean up decently.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
ah. i finally got one. dot 45, i got it for a project, they really look 'put away wet' in humid conditions. ala Turk or SE Asian type weapons. im using it for grenade launcher experments before I rebuild it. I have a unissued stock and norwegian 308 barrel. now. i like doing this type of 'one foot in the grave' restos. i loose money and time, so if you just want a shooter id look before i leap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, kinda figured they were not in the best of shape. I have seen the Norweagen target barrel for the K98, and was thinking of making it a project rifle. Gonna stay with the .308 win. good all around round for North America animals. Midway has the Adams & Bennett barrels for under $80.00 w/C&R FFL discounts. figure I can make a shooter for under $300.00
the fabber39

1 - 4 of 4 Posts