Gunboards Forums banner

Has anyone every seen a remington model 30 in .32 remington

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dix2111 
#1 ·
I have one of these but I can find any info on it other than the standard wikipedia info.
I also haven't seen any reference to one ever selling or being listed for sale on the internet. I have only spoken to one person who has ever seen one.
Anyone out there have one or have fired one.

I don't think they were very popular. The round is too close to a 30-30 to be in a magnum length action.I suspect in this case rarity does not equate to value but I sure would like to know a ballpark on whats it's worth.

I'm not looking to sell it but it bothers me that I have no idea of the value.

Thanks Automotive exterior Shotgun Bumper Vehicle door Wood

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I had heard that Remington chambered the model 30 in all the Remington Autoloader line of cartridges, .25 Remington, .30 Remington etc. I have never heard of one found in the .32 Remington chambering. I collect Remington Autoloaders ( http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards.com/index.cgi? )and so have a passing familiarity with the .32 Remington, though I own no guns chambered for that cartridge....yet. In the Model 30, my desire would be for a Model 30 Express in .257 Roberts. I would guess value would be about the same as a Model 30 chambered in .30 Remington considering equal condition.

#3 ·
Not everything is one the internet, sometimes you actually need to crack a book. To learn more about pre-WWII sporting rifles such as the Remington Model 30, go to your local library and look for old books by folks such as Henry M. Stebbins, Philip B. Sharpe, and Townsend Whelen. "Rifles, A Modern Encylopedia", The Rifle in America", and "The American Rifle" are all great reads and reference books.

#5 ·
I have found a few referances to the model 30 in 60's era books and magazines but there is some incorrect info out there regarding some of the changes that were made. Theres is some basic production info but not nearly the details one would find about Winchesters or military surplus.

I'd love to find some current info on the .32 model 30 but I dont think there is any.

BTW the top rifle in my original post is actually the .25 remington. The bottom one is the .32.

#6 ·
I have often wondered about this myself, I see more 30-06s than any other caliber in the M30. I owned a 35 Rem for
a little while, and saw a 25 that had been rechambered to 250-3000 many years ago. I see the 30 Rem cal on the auction
sites every now and then, but have never handled one in 32. Most M30s that I see are customized or are in poor condition.

#7 ·
I think the 30.06 was the bulk of the production of the model 30 express. The .257 and .25 were probably neck and neck for 2nd most common. I was thinking of trying to collect the big 4 in the model 30 (25,30,32,35 Remington). But the lack of availablilty and lack of info has me a little discouraged.
If you've never fired one, they point like a krag carbine and cycles better than any mauser I have. The 30.06 is my favorite one to shoot. I have a beater m30 express in 30.06 that I take to the range alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.