Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Today my cousine came by and showed me his latest findings, I had to put my m39/43 in the same pic. as them rifles also might be called "cousines"? :)

The Colt is a "Russian contract" and in a such neat unmessed condition.

Regards / HenryB

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
That's a real gem. I bet there are less than half a dozen left.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
That is one rare picture Henry. Two of about 500 in the world. WOW! You have all the fun stuff!

For more info on these see the m/27 section under the Finnish section at www.mosinnagant.net

·
Site Contributor
1,341 Posts
WOW indeed. That sniper rifle M/27 PH aka sniper rifle M/37 rifle is about as rare as World War 2 era sniper rifles can get. Only 250 Physica scopes were made and 150 of those were first issued with M/27 infantry rifles (the remaining 100 scopes were later issued with M/39 military rifles - creating a combination known as sniper rifle M/39 PH). Since during Continuation War (1941 - 1944) most Physica scopes were moved from M/27 rifles to M/39 rifles, the number of M/27 PH sniper rifles was considerably reduced by end of World War 2. Year 1951 only 24 sniper rifles M/27 PH remained in inventory of Finnish Armed Forces.

Jarkko

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lots of response on this theme:)

We are lucky to be close to Finland but them rare items tend to be far between nowdays no matter what You might be prepared to pay... my cousine almost left his left arm for these two...

Regards / HenryB

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
Good thing it was not something lower. A m/27 Ph here would cost both of those and a left arm.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I think most of the Finnish (=m/39, m/27) snipers are still here. The m/37s are very tough but the m/39-43s change hands from time to time. Search goes on and chances are better than elsewhere in the world.

·
Registered
535 Posts
As much as I crave a Finnish sniper rifle, I'm glad that most stay in Finland where they belong. Us overseas have already bought up large chunks of M39's and others, not to mention the much-envied M28/76's.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
I wonder how many physicas are known in Finland?
Where these things belong...:) whining again, sorry

And why is that? Shouldn't they be were they are treasured and cared for and preserved? Why is it that can only be where they were made? I really don't understand this sentiment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.