Gunboards Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
210 Posts
. . .purchased this one yesterday for $150.00 CAD . . .
what can you tell me about it?
I'm sure you know it is an Astra 4000 Falcon. Very uncommon in the U.S. As noted, grips are not original. Very difficult to find original grips. If all matching and original finish, you did extremely well at 150 CAD. On my wish list for a long time, but they do not come up very often. Regards,

·
210 Posts
Here are two really hard to find really early Astras M300s. I acquired the first one about five years ago and the second on earlier this year. The very earliest production has many oddities compared to later volume production. They are both original finish and both all parts matching. The 32nd and 95th M300 manufactured. M300 serialization started at 350001 in 1923. Seeing M300s this early is very uncommon.

Air gun Trigger Mammal Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm sure you know it is an Astra 4000 Falcon. Very uncommon in the U.S. As noted, grips are not original. Very difficult to find original grips. If all matching and original finish, you did extremely well at 150 CAD. On my wish list for a long time, but they do not come up very often. Regards,
Thanks for the info.

I had some doubts about the grips, but they don't seem 'homemade".
The gun is in close to "new" condition, probably very little if at all fired, that's why I am wondering why the original grips had been replaced, they must have been in as new condition as the gun itself.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here are two really hard to find really early Astras M300s. I acquired the first one about five years ago and the second on earlier this year. The very earliest production has many oddities compared to later volume production. They are both original finish and both all parts matching. The 32nd and 95th M300 manufactured. M300 serialization started at 350001 in 1923. Seeing M300s this early is very uncommon.

View attachment 3858251
very nice.
must be addictive :)

·
210 Posts
Thanks for the info. I had some doubts about the grips, but they don't seem 'homemade". The gun is in close to "new" condition, probably very little if at all fired, that's why I am wondering why the original grips had been replaced, they must have been in as new condition as the gun itself.
Owners change grips for aesthetic reasons. Maybe the previous owner liked wood grips. I've seen them in brown and black, but only know for sure that the black are original.

Bicycle part Carbon Font Automotive design Metal

81 - 87 of 87 Posts