·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,337 Posts
Another RE with metal RE disk.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Here is a pretty scarce Astra 4000 Falcon Tri-Caliber Kit. Antares says only about 200 of these sets were manufactured in 1957-58. Switching between the .380 and .32 calibers is as easy as field stripping and changing the barrels and magazines. To switch to .22 LR you just install the entire .22 top assembly and switch to the .22 magazine.
I made the custom case starting with an empty presentation case from Hampels Woodland Products.
That is truly, truly awesome!

Happy Motoring, Mark

·
Registered
274 Posts
Astra 400 with holster stock.

Tazcav, If you mean the model 300, that is what the Spanish and Chilean Navy used ... unfortunately is unimportable.
But 400s run the whole gamut from $250 to $1000 depending on condition and rarity. The ones made for the republicans fetch the higher prices. Specially those with wooden grips and embossed metal medallions.
I am about to import three " standard " 400s, along with some Constables, A90, A80 ... and if ATF allows me, even a A75 for my friend Joe.
And then,,,if you are really lucky, you end up with a 400 (Navy type mag release), that were made with a tangent rear sight and a holster stock a la Broomhandle, regular length slide/barrel.
Okrana

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Okrana....I've never seen a navy with the stock except in books!
I do have 1 of the 61 Astra 300 in 32 cal that went to the Nazis...ended up in Norway and became a police pistol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Astra Mod 300

Super rare Astra 300 32cal Nazi contract and 1 of just 61 pistols marked for Norwegian police.
Those were brought in by the old Interarms and sold through Hunters lodge on the waterfront in Alexandria, Va. With a lot of police 1934 Mausers, 1922 Browning's, and and a few CZs. I hated that ground panel on the lot. I lived there at the time and haunted 'the Lodge' 3 or 4 times a month. They had a great caisson mounted Gatling down stairs when you walked in, and the only Hotchkiss revolving cannon I ever saw in the front lot, with a bunch of German anti-tank 37s. and Pak-howitzers. I passed up the Swiss {Mexican} Mondragon rifle upstairs for $200. I was too busy buying 98K Mausers, Russian and Finn Nagants in the waxed wrap and Italian and Swiss Vetterli rifles for 12 bucks each. And Finn capture M-1938 and 1940 Russian Tokarev rifles for $29 each :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had 2 REs, but never have seen that disc? And I couldn't stand it. I found a black holster rig hanging in the safe. Looks like a real decent Chilean navy , holster, straps and extra mag. I thought I'd traded all my 400s years ago, but missed this one. Now I guess I'll have to find a correct cleaning rod for the holster :)

61 - 80 of 87 Posts