Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy new year all you in Enfield land, where ever that may be!
What were the biggest score/s you made this year, and what are you looking for this year?

For me the last couple of years have been slow as we dealt with family stuff, thankfully behind us now. So I was not expecting to add anything this year. But the opportunity for a DRCA 7.62 came to fruition, then a Long Branch L-59 popped up, a Belgian .22 No.4 conversion through a friend, and the top of the list through another friend was a single digit Long Branch. Never even heard of one much less presented the opportunity to buy, so over the moon about this one. This year will be looking for a three digit Long Branch and a 1955/1956 Long Branch.
May the collecting Fairies grant you good hunting!!!
What did you add and what are you looking for now?
-Limpetmine

Reactions: SDigger

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,104 Posts
I have a couple pieces I have posted here in the past year squirreled away in the back of the vault,,, may end up taking one home,

I had a line on 2 T's, one all matching and in the correct transit chest, the other w/ no chest
I appraised them and made an offer last spring, if the guy decides to cut them loose, one will be added to my pile, the other sold,

otherwise, I don't really have a list, more like if I see something that interests me, I'll snatch it,

but my focus is not as clear as your or the other folks here, and I can be very patient

·
Banned
18,170 Posts
There's only one thing I feel is missing from my stash.
A Marlin "Trapper" lever gun in .357 Mag.
I had one in my hands some years back but the Background check killed the sale because they kept demanding "more information" Till both the seller & I mutually agreed to just forget it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This year I added 7 No1's to my collection and 2 No.4's (one being everything except a barrel). This year I'm hoping to find a newer condition No.4 barrel or pick up a Criterion when they start making them again. I wouldn't mind adding a few more No.1's and a No.4 mk2 to the collection this year as well.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
59,104 Posts
Well keeping in the turmoil spirit of 2020 i’s ventured into the (dark side 🤢😃) & came back out with an ok AK C39 sporter,I’ll be ducking 🦆 now & hopefully the incoming isn’t too heavy.😬😉
Cheer’s nonetheless.
I may have a Entreprise L1A1 all inch pattern, and about a dozen inch pattern mags, and a can of RG 7.62 tucked in a corner,,, just in case I think I may need it,

good friend it trying to twist me up into taking it home,,

·
Registered
336 Posts
I want a good No. I Mk. III and No. 4 Mk. 1 for a good price. The local/regional market on them seems higher than elsewhere, panic prices or not. It seems like a miracle when someone posts a rifle here they netted for $350.00 or less.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I have a laundry list of “wants”
I think I’m switching focus to antique status arms due to prices and panic on newer arms.
Black powder is more and more interesting to me and still affordable to shoot.
Martini in 303
Mannlicher 1890
MkIII or MKIV Webley 455
1896 Mauser broom handle in 7.62
Spanish Rolling block in .43cal
WWI Colt M1911
Lebel 1886
Snider Enfield short rifle or Carbine
M1894 Swede Mauser carbine
Gew 1898 Mauser
Anything pre WWI.....

I’m sure there are more I’d sure enjoy, but this is the dream list. If I get one or two on this list in the next year I’ll be very content.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I may have a Entreprise L1A1 all inch pattern, and about a dozen inch pattern mags, and a can of RG 7.62 tucked in a corner,,, just in case I think I may need it,

good friend it trying to twist me up into taking it home,,
All’s I can figure is y’all have a great many (good friends) when the facts become known of (what’s in the corner’s) 😬😃😉
Ole cobber mate!!
😂😬

·
Registered
Wood and steel!
31 Posts
I have a laundry list of “wants”
I think I’m switching focus to antique status arms due to prices and panic on newer arms.
Black powder is more and more interesting to me and still affordable to shoot.
Martini in 303
Mannlicher 1890
MkIII or MKIV Webley 455
1896 Mauser broom handle in 7.62
Spanish Rolling block in .43cal
WWI Colt M1911
Lebel 1886
Snider Enfield short rifle or Carbine
M1894 Swede Mauser carbine
Gew 1898 Mauser
Anything pre WWI.....

I’m sure there are more I’d sure enjoy, but this is the dream list. If I get one or two on this list in the next year I’ll be very content.
I thought about getting into some black powder/antique stuff as well.

I originally started my collection with the Krag and moving forward with service rifles, might as well go the other way and explore post-Civil War arms

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I thought about getting into some black powder/antique stuff as well.

I originally started my collection with the Krag and moving forward with service rifles, might as well go the other way and explore post-Civil War arms
If you already have a Krag then I’d highly suggest a 45-70 Trapdoor. I’ve been shooting my 1888 with black powder loads. Some of the most fun I’ve had shooting any rifle. Just satisfying with the tump of a big round impacting the target and the cloud of smoke.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I want a good No. I Mk. III and No. 4 Mk. 1 for a good price. The local/regional market on them seems higher than elsewhere, panic prices or not. It seems like a miracle when someone posts a rifle here they netted for $350.00 or less.
I've bought a couple sported No.1's this year with fantastic bore, fantastic condition over all for $140-150. Then I've found a couple of NOS or slightly worn stock sets and restored these rifles for around $340-350 each and had some fun while doing it.

·
Banned
18,170 Posts
My wish list,
ART II scope and mount for my M1A
Build/buy a USMC1903A1
If you can't find an original I'd recommend the SECOND model from "Leatherwood", the "camputer M-600LART39X40 Tak".
The first one was a dog & it trashed the reputation, but the second model is a winner, just no-one wants it because of all the problems with the first one!
You can tell them apart at a glance by the reticule arrangement This is the one you want:

·
Registered
13,514 Posts
Best 2020 pickups I'd say we're a '44 Lithgow & a MkIV Martini. I mean, I got my first Springfields, '03 and '03-A3, both pristine. But who gives a crap about those, they're not Enfields!

I don't have much on the list for this year. Like @148Infantry , I've been looking for a .303 Martini (specifically a Citadel conversion) for a long-ass time. I suppose I could use a P14, still never had one.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My New Years wish list is to complete the half dozen builds that I’ve either recently started, have about done or have acquired parts for this year of 2021. Sounds strange, Twenty-twenty one. Rhymes with ‘God bless us everyone.’

·
Registered
459 Posts
My wish list usually boils down to what ever on the rack yells "take me home" the loudest. Usually something in need of a lot of TLC.
As Raoul noted above, hard to find anything milsup for under $400 in our area.
Already have 4 projects so I probably don't need to be looking for anything new. But....you know how that goes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.