Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been working on rounding out my collection of Webley solid frames and found this consigned Pre-RIC thru a Midwest dealer. Got outbid on one a couple yrs back @GB, so when this was offered I jumped, no regrets! DA in 380cf retaining alot of finish and locks up tight. Action smooth and cycles like new. Retailer marked topstrap: E Fletcher, Gloucester. According to Joel Black's book, it was an example of different attempts to determine the design/style of their later manufactured solid frame revolvers. 1867(?) Odd placement of sn#. All others I've seen were stamped lower left frame or higher in front of the cylinder. Number style seems to match pictures in my reference books tho.
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Revolver Shotgun Cylinder Tool accessory

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
2,217 Posts
congratulations. An enviable example of a hard to find Webley. That is an odd place for a serial number. Reminds me of what a police agency might do when assigning a serial number to a revolver without one. But on the other hand the font looks right for a factory number. With or without the number it would be most welcome in my little collection.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Great revolver! Very scarce Webley indeed. Noteworthy condition too. All the early examples such as yours that I've ever seen are in much poorer condition and out of time or something worse. Never seen a solid frame like that tho. Nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.