Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's a Sig-barreled M28, unfortunately in an M27 stock and M28/30 handguard. I won't complain about that too much since at least Bubba hasn't defiled it, plus it has an excellent bore (shallow counterbore, but sharp and not pitted), and matching bolt. Came with a Civil Guard bayo and a spam can of Romanian LPS:

Don't know yet what kind/year of receiver it's built on, as I haven't gotten around to taking it out of the stock.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Wow, you have been on a roll lately! Like Jerry Reed said, "When you hot, you hot!" Congrats Relic, very nice rifle and the blade and ammo just top it off. Again congrats!

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, you have been on a roll lately! Like Jerry Reed said, "When you hot, you hot!" Congrats Relic, very nice rifle and the blade and ammo just top it off. Again congrats!
I really have been on a roll-and I've found other stuff I haven't even had time to photograph yet. But I've gotten an omen that it's about over: a guy backed out of a deal yesterday less than an hour before I was supposed to meet him. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
You guys realize there are no more ads to chop your pics right????

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Tax return? What tax return?" :D
:laugh:
You guys realize there are no more ads to chop your pics right????
they come and go. I dont think they are gone indefinitely
Yeah, they come and go, plus many members probably check the site sometimes without signing in, and they're still with us when viewing the site in that way (screencap below). I move the pics down one frame for the benefit of those browsing as guests.

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
I don't follow you. What are you trying to show in your screen capture? The system is designed that people who are not signed in aren't going to see pics. The only way they do is if you post links to pics from a host.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't follow you. What are you trying to show in your screen capture? The system is designed that people who are not signed in aren't going to see pics. The only way they do is if you post links to pics from a host.
I host my pics on Imageshack. When viewing threads in which pics are hosted on Imageshack, Photobucket, etc. without being signed in, the ad to the right of the first frame shown in the screencap cuts them off horizontally. If viewing signed in, the ad doesn't show. But moving them to the second frame makes it a non-issue.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I realize that my mind, even numb, is absorbing new info, at 6 AM, as I am up since 4:45 AM to see wife safely off to her work!

I would cherish that nice firearm and bayonet in my collection! The photos are good for educating me! Thanks!

I notice the bolt and receiver are matching stamped numbers, how about magazine lid, buttplate? Not that it really matters to me...
but, can help when selling, in the far future...

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jackpot? Yes I believe so!
Paid $350, which I definitely think was a solid deal.
I notice the bolt and receiver are matching stamped numbers, how about magazine lid, buttplate? Not that it really matters to me...
On the Finnish versions of Mosins, mismatched parts are the norm. They usually were only concerned with matching the bolt for functional reasons.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I realize that my mind, even numb, is absorbing new info, at 6 AM, as I am up since 4:45 AM to see wife safely off to her work!

I would cherish that nice firearm and bayonet in my collection! The photos are good for educating me! Thanks!

On most rifles that is "mismatched". On Finns we call it "Finn Matched". Even the matching numbers are usually re-stamped. LOL. That's how you find them. I love the term.

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
That's funny now that I look at this on a PC. On my iphone, even in the picture you supplied, I don't see any advertisements. On my browser, which is Chrome, there are never any Ads. Now, look at your post through my PC at work, I can see an add in your picture! But there still are never ads in my browser.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
That's funny now that I look at this on a PC. On my iphone, even in the picture you supplied, I don't see any advertisements. On my browser, which is Chrome, there are never any Ads. Now, look at your post through my PC at work, I can see an add in your picture! But there still are never ads in my browser.
I'm running Chrome too. I just logged in and before I did there was a Cabela's ad in the first post.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
The ad's are probably java based. Iphones don't run Java, and your Chrome probably has Java turned off. Its also possible that your screen is set up so that you can't see the corner of the picture, that happens sometimes as well. I use a "script blocker" on Mozilla Firefox, which kills pretty much anything. No advertisements or silly game ads that yell at me.

Regarding pictures:
I almost always host mine off the server. I see so many old posts that have their pics scrubbed for one reason or another, perhaps a new server, that would be very useful if the pics were still attached. While my pics generally suck, they will be visible in ten years if some other collector wants to reference them for some reason. I could also delete them, if needed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.