Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to present a hands-on demonstration of Soviet/German small arms at my Little Princess's high school later this school year when they do the WWII section in 10th grade history class. Still working to clear this with the police and administration and will require that the police accompany me all the way from the car to the classroom and back, but this looks like it will be a go.

In addition to taking some arms, I would like to take some inert ammo for demo purposes. Would like student volunteers to have a chance to use a stripper in a 91/30 and Mauser, as well as demonstrating how long it takes to reload a Nagant compared to a TT-33 and Luger and/or P-1.

Such inert ammo would have to have no primer, powder and a hole drilled through both sides of the case near the base. (While I could pull rounds and dump powder and drill, the product won't look as good as if loaded fresh into a drilled case.)

Here's what I am looking for and will certainly pay for materials, time and shipping to someone who rolls their own:

6 rounds 7.62x54r
6 rounds 8mm
9 rounds Tokarev
7 rounds Nagant
16 rounds 9mm Luger

If anyone loads all or just one of the flavors above and can help, please PM me. (I think the Nagant will be the most difficult to get.)

(I am also working on permission to take blanks down the the school's indoor rifle range to allow the students to hear what a battle rifle sound like. Of course I will supply them all with "foamies". An M-44 with blanks and the lights dimmed-down always gets a response!) ;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Thanks Pymi for covering the 54r, 8mm and 9mm!

Hopefully I will make some new collectors as a result.

I did get my Little Princess's friend out for the first time with a 91/59 last month!

·
Copper Bullet member
456 Posts
Great project. I think I can find seven rounds of fired, berdan primed 7.62 Nagant for you. I just broke my berdan primer remover again; but I can remove the primers with an ice pick. Slip me an email to see what we can work out.

Frank

·
Registered
731 Posts
No problem,hope you spark some interest in milsurps and history.
Nice to see youngsters interested in the shooting sports.
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great project. I think I can find seven rounds of fired, berdan primed 7.62 Nagant for you. I just broke my berdan primer remover again; but I can remove the primers with an ice pick. Slip me an email to see what we can work out.

Frank
Frank, thanks..I already have the fired Nagant brass and will drill and pop out the fired primers. What I am looking for is inert Nagant with no primer, hole in case AND bullet in place. I don't know of any Nagant reloaders, which is why this may be a tough find.

The game I have in mind is giving the students a Nagant with empties in cylinder and timing them for an eject of the empties and reload (with the inert rounds) vs. the time it takes to either load a mag of Tok/9MM or simply dropping an empty mag and inserting one full of inert rounds and chambering one. Purpose is to show the difference in old technology and new.

Too many of the boys today think "The Matrix" type of reloading and carrying 500 pounds of loaded arms/ammo is reality. I can't thnk of anything slower than a Nagant as far as reloading a handgun in the WWII era.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11:01 PM Thanks, wikinger59, for covering the Tok!

Can't believe the fast response I have received on this request! One of the reasons this is the best collectors place on the 'net!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have an opportunity to present a hands-on demonstration of Soviet/German small arms at my Little Princess's high school later this school year when they do the WWII section in 10th grade history class.
A worthy project, Questor. Thanks for doing this.

Would like student volunteers to have a chance to use a stripper in a 91/30...
They should find this an illuminating experience; I have trouble with Mosin stripper-loading myself.

(I am also working on permission to take blanks down the the school's indoor rifle range to allow the students to hear what a battle rifle sound like.
I'm surprised your school even has a rifle range. My area is so PC that even suggesting such a thing would make the school board have a collective heart attack. Which would be a good thing, come to think of it.

An M-44 with blanks and the lights dimmed-down always gets a response!) ;)
It sure will. I hope these students are all supplied with ear protection. An M44 is loud enough at an outdoor range; I can only imagine the racket indoors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts