Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a site to look up the Federal manufacturer codes used to register handguns? Sometimes, the local authorities seem to take forever to find the correct code when uncommon pistols and revolvers are presented.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Is there a site to look up the Federal manufacturer codes used to register handguns? Sometimes, the local authorities seem to take forever to find the correct code when uncommon pistols and revolvers are presented.
To answer your question. There is no Federal Manufacture Codes.

If you want first hand information on the subject, then you are wasting your time here because what you are asking does not exist. Being smart ass that I am, I am going to tell you what to do, step by step:
1) Open phone book.
2) Find phone number for local ATF office.
3) Call phone number from Step 2.
4) Ask the ATF agent your question.

Furthermore. I think the whole exercise is created by your state government. What you out to be doing is looking for the list of manufacturer codes that your state government created. This is a state issue, not federal issue. There is no point going to feds when they have nothing to do with this.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Silver Bullet member
420 Posts
You can also post the written informaiton that is on the gun here and we may be able to help you ID it. A photo will also help in IDing the gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts