Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
39,944 Posts
Israel should NOT stop shooting until they destroy every last militant Arab in the area. They have tried being nice and giving up land. Look what happened... Instead of their enemies using that land to build a life (like the Jews who were forced out did) they use it to attack Israel. There should not have been a cease fire. While I don't think Hamas has won... I know Israel has not won yet.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, with nukes. if the sorry assed "good" palastenians, if they're are any, won't snipe uniformed hamas soldiers "patrolling" the streets, then nuke 'em all. you'd think the muslims that were just trying to make a living would rise up against a few that keep causing all the grief.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Falm, the ones just trying to make a living are doing it elsewhere.

The last time Israel got fed up with Hamas and did something like this, Hamas actually became more popular among the people.

I've asked before. Where are the Palestinian "doves"? Where are their liberals?

·
Silver Bullet member
36,239 Posts
They got stomped, their top leaders killed, and a rift opened between their supposed #1 in Damascus and the remaining leaders on the ground in Gaza who have had to agree to a cease fire. Supposedly Israel "lost" in its lebanon incursion against Hezbollah but Hezbollah's been very, very quiet recently. You can count their rocket attacks on the fingers of 1 hand.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
74,962 Posts
Nnot saying they were no hurt or setback in their plans. They won as they survived as a functioning politicial unit.

"GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon arrived in the Gaza Strip Tuesday to inspect the devastation wrought by Israel's three-week onslaught as the territory's militant Hamas rulers, triumphant at having survived the assault, planned victory rallies amid the ruins.

Although Israel scored a decisive battleground victory, Hamas claims its own victory because it managed to withstand the intense Israeli assault and fired hundreds of rockets into the Jewish state throughout the fighting.

"With full trust and full confidence I say the Palestinian people and the heroic resistance have won this battle," Mushir al-Masri, a Hamas official, said Monday. "Hamas today is stronger than any time before. ... The loser is the occupation."

In a sign that Hamas remained in full control, Hamas security teams in uniforms patrolled Gaza City. Some Israeli observers have acknowledged that the tightly knit organization remains largely intact, despite the Israeli assault on fighters and weapons stores."

From: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090120/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_palestinians

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
That was how Saddam and Iraqis convinced themselves they had "won" the 1991 Gulf War. They successfully "defended" Baghdad--even though we were not planning to attack it--and therefore won by the fact Saddam survived.

It is a function of the Arab mentality and psychological defense mechanism.

Culturally, they will find victory in some degree even from a debacle. At the very least, they will blame all setbacks on external forces beyond their control.

So sure, Hamas will probably spin it something like this.

Nevermind that their organization lost a lot of people. The first target the Israelis hit was a graduating class of Hamas officers at a ceremony. Killed about 70 of them, including two higher-ups there for making speeches.

If this doesn't buy a good deal of peace and quiet, I'll be mighty suprised.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Israel should NOT stop shooting until they destroy every last militant Arab in the area. They have tried being nice and giving up land. Look what happened... Instead of their enemies using that land to build a life (like the Jews who were forced out did) they use it to attack Israel. There should not have been a cease fire. While I don't think Hamas has won... I know Israel has not won yet.
Isreal has tried being nice and giving up land? Where you been for the last forty years?

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
Ben.....I hear the palestinians are needing some Suicide bombers.....you up for it???....you sure sound like you are!!!!!...

·
Banned
39,944 Posts
BenGunn I am a little confused by your post...

In Aug 2005 Israel forcibly pulled it's settlements from Gaza and the West Bank. Instead of the Palestinians building a life on that land as the Israeli's did, they destroyed the buildings left behind and used the land to fire rockets into Israel.

·
Banned
3,553 Posts
pcanhot....I believe the Israeli's destroyed the buildings before they left and I don't blame them.......but your point is well taken.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The Palestinians have been a wellfare population all the way back to the time of the Assyrians. Who, btw hated them. They've never done anything beneficial and have been kicked out of Jordan and Lebanon. The Egyptians don't want them. Everyone wants Israel (U.S.) to take care of them and wash their own hands of them. One of these days..........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.