Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine came apart and I'm having "fun" trying to get it back together. (heck, I'm trying to figure out how it came apart) Does anyone have a good method for reassembling this? Basically, the band came off the lower piece that screws into the stock. I can see how it goes together, but I cannot seem to be able to get it together.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To get it off the rifle completely, I'd have to remove the muzzle break. Can that be done fairly easily?

(Unless you meant just to have it off the wood, which I have tried, with little luck)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have never tried to remove it from the barrel and never looked to see how the muzzle brake is installed. I only remove it from the wood so I can get to the gas valve. I remove the one screw then slide the stamped cover/band from the machined part and with a little spreading the band will slip off the barrel. That is as far as I take it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine came apart and I'm having "fun" trying to get it back together. (heck, I'm trying to figure out how it came apart) Does anyone have a good method for reassembling this? Basically, the band came off the lower piece that screws into the stock. I can see how it goes together, but I cannot seem to be able to get it together.
I have had the same problem and have tried every way I can think of to get it back together. It seems like the band is too small to go over the wood from the stock in spite of the fact it came off. Maybe the wood has swollen with humidity?

I have tried putting it on as an assembly and no go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts