Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See one of these at a Live Auction(Catalog). Had never heard of or seen one before. Single Shot GEW 98 Target Rifle.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Yes.
You have seen one somewhere. Nice to know.

I saw a crane recently in a meadow. I also saw a cat the next day.

So what?

Carcano

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coincidentally, there's a big writeup in American Rifleman about them this month.
I just read the article. It is very interesting and the Lead Author was Ludwig Olsen who passed away in April 2006. The Auction on the the one I saw closes on Saturday. If any one is interested in bidding see the September 22 Amoskeag Auction Catalog.

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Report on the Auction which was today.

"The Haenel GEW Target Rifle $1300. They went nuts bidding on it!!!!!"

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
$1300??? Short story: recently a friend was selling off an estate (700+guns) and showed me a gun that he was keeping for himself. Banner Mauser in 8.15 X 46R, just like in the Rifleman article. I looked up some info for him including brass and die prices. The gun was in great shape with a very well done repaired duffel cut. After finding out what it would cost to shoot it and because I said "give me first chance at it" a few weeks ago he offered it to me for $300. Midway order for dies, brass from the Reloaders Bench shop and some 32/40 cast bullets I had and it shoots great. 200 yard gongs are in danger with this rifle.

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$1300??? Short story: recently a friend was selling off an estate (700+guns) and showed me a gun that he was keeping for himself. Banner Mauser in 8.15 X 46R, just like in the Rifleman article. I looked up some info for him including brass and die prices. The gun was in great shape with a very well done repaired duffel cut. After finding out what it would cost to shoot it and because I said "give me first chance at it" a few weeks ago he offered it to me for $300. Midway order for dies, brass from the Reloaders Bench shop and some 32/40 cast bullets I had and it shoots great. 200 yard gongs are in danger with this rifle.

Great Buy !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts