Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was directed here from the K-98 forum. I know it's not a .22 but maybe someone has some knowledge about them.

Don't know where to post this so I'll try here. I saw a Haenel Sport Modell 33 for sale. Interesting rifle (it's a .177 BB gun) modeled after the K-98. I'm curious if there's any collector interest by Mauser collectors. This one is in nice condition only missing the magazine,which I found in an internet search. Anyone know what the market would be on it? Thanks in advance for any info I can be provided with.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seen a few sell for around 200.00 in the condition you describe. Boys of the DJ used them and the Mars Model 115 to train with.

DJ= Boys 10 to 14yrs. old in the Hitler Youth.
I read that they were used as military trainers.Didn't say if they were for army or youth corps. Thanks for the reply.The one I saw was f/s for $250. I would have haggled if I knew there was collector interest.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,614 Posts
Gremlin, the Haenel 33, and also the Mars 115 are NOT in .177 caliber, the .177 caliber is 4.5mm, both the the Haenel and the Mars are 4.4 mm.
If you load the .177 the ball will get stuck in the barrel, because these guns have a weak pressure, what is not weak is the arm of the poor guy in charge of loading the rifle, the action is very heavy to cock.If your interest is having an air gun military trainer its OK, but if what you want is and airgun that loks nice and pretend to shoot it often do not buy it, buy a commercial air gun.
I´ve had experience with many air gun trainers, below a pic of a few I own.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a very nice collection!! I have a Haenel 33 and had to buy a DDR issue magazine. I bought some 4.4 balls but haven't been able to have it fire a round. For some reason it doesn't seem to get the ball into the chamber. During my last visit to Germany I was able to visit the Waffenmuseum in Suhl as well as the Deutsches Schützenmuseum in Coburg. Both had Haenel 33 on display, as well as others. As for value I see some list them at $600 but they don't appear to sell. A nice one, IMO, can bring around $400.

Willi
Gremlin, the Haenel 33, and also the Mars 115 are NOT in .177 caliber, the .177 caliber is 4.5mm, both the the Haenel and the Mars are 4.4 mm.
If you load the .177 the ball will get stuck in the barrel, because these guns have a weak pressure, what is not weak is the arm of the poor guy in charge of loading the rifle, the action is very heavy to cock.If your interest is having an air gun military trainer its OK, but if what you want is and airgun that loks nice and pretend to shoot it often do not buy it, buy a commercial air gun.
I´ve had experience with many air gun trainers, below a pic of a few I own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts