Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my second M77 pap .308 ak along with one of their rpk,s in 7.62x39, close to a bar as i can afford lol. pics to come when it gets in ,the first M77 i bought shoots and functions great.
I am hoping i get same results with the second 1 and the new rpk , they look great wood buttstock and handguards with red plastic pistol grip, heavy barreled with bipod,699.00- 1 -30 roung mag
comes with it. got the scope, mount and muzzle break on my first m77, recoil was near 0 compared to my G3 type .308. great shooter and very accurate.

Hope to be taking her to 500 meter range this weekend we do not get rain.check out their rpk's and m77's @j&g sales, the M77's are on sale for 529.00 , 20.00 shipping.why i bought a 2nd., both are great rifles. figures after i pay 569.00 they go on sale but mine came with 3 -10 round mags these only come with 1 mag but 529.00? can not be beat on price @ 529.00

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no clue, did not ask i did it on net but saw after i decided to buy it at 529.00 that it said 1 -10 round mag , i bought my first 1 just about a month ago and it came with three for 549.00 plus 20.00 shipping this one was 529.00 1 mag and 20.00 shipping.
If you check where they sell the mags dept on their site may have them for sale, i did not look i am trying to get some m14 mags i heard will work in these M77 rifles look almost identical to m14 magazines, just shorter.and my mags hold 10 instead of 20 ,i want 20 rounders for it .
On my first one thread i was told the m14 mags will work and they do look pretty much identical besides length. yet to be determined? i want to buy 1 see if i can get it to work right first. before i junp into buying more mags im checking to see if that is true. if so im going 20 rounders of course. like my G3 type holds 20, but those mags are german and wont work. i checked.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks easy enough , so the m90 is almost exact same rifle i see , and the yugo mount works , i e mailed zastava for a mount and scope they never got back to me so i converted a saiga mount to fit , but on my second i like that scope and mount he has set up, im not chopping up and rewelding my recievers just to put an m90 stock on it , beside i plan on duracoat camoing the stock parts anyhow,i am trying to look up dans ammo now for the m14 mags they look easy to make work and thats the ticket you ask me on going with 20 rounders , these are great rifles for the money , lotta firepower in an ak platform and shoot very well, easy to scope ,now just the mags , i have a comp on now after i ground down welded nut off and lock threaded it on, so far so good , i need to file a tad off tho to get one final half a turn to get it perfectly attached to barrel, its a tad misaligned right now, no holes should be on bottom i need only half a turn in and its perfect break out a file down road after i get 20 rounders working on it .

I also plan on putting the one piece lift up reciever cover with rail for the rpk to scope it and add accessories , wonder what the effective range of that super long heavy barrel will be , i am thinking 600 meters maybe with good scope .or maybe more but how much energy will be left at that range?.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,714 Posts
The M77 wood furniture is the same as the Zastava Model 70 AK rifle
The receiver reweld does not require doing anything to the receiver other than welding in the filler piece. But just an option.

If you drive out the forward component pin on the front sight base you can install a plunger and spring. That is what indexes and retains the muzzle device. Not a difficult mod. Apex has the small parts..., a longer milled type plunger and spring are needed for a Zastava rifle.

The rear set of the M77 optics rail is a more difficult scope fitment to get good eye relief. Most modern scopes have a longer eye relief than the commbloc which are generally about 2 & 3/4 inches vs a hunting scope at 3.5-4 inches eye relief. The longish original thumbhole stock helps a little but optics mounting and good eye relief is a bit of a journey.

Have fun shooting your M77's.

The 7.62x39 RPK out to 600 yards will be a challenge. Might need a large target for that. I think the J&G RPK's are US assembled and have the USA barrels and receivers. Should shoot well. I'm not sure if the barrels are chromelined or not.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,714 Posts
I use a 6x POSP Russian scope with the Krebs forward set adaptor. It is the bottom scope pictured in the first post on the optics link I posted above. Great eye relief.
Do you have a picture and models of what you used on your M77?

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure i have some pics of it with both scopes but the pic is the scope i am useing for now till i can get what i want.the other was just too big and heavy, im not looking to make a sniper out of her.the other pics are on the thread where i bought my first 1 here is the scope i am using now.
i will most likely go with 6 power as well but i do not want nor need a huge scope this is my 500 meter gun at best , i am not trying to make a sniper rifle out of this ak lol just need cqb sights is all , i would use this for urban stuff only in shtf scenario.not a long range sniper ,got plenty of those , i wanted a .308 ak now i have two lol. The sling is off my svt -40 i like the 7.62 it has marked on it i relaced the svt scope with a tan leather one ,looks great on the svt.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I saw those on a site other day, but says out of stock ,so someone is making them. they had em up for sale but sold out no idea when they are getting more was not j&g tho.ill see if i can find it again i saved the link think it was aim .think it was the m91 was in 54r and they called it a cheaper lighter version of the dragunov /psl that out performs them , who knows if that is true lol have too see that they looked very nice tho. And they did classify it as a sniper rifle. I have to say after buying 1 i love the M77 as well with just a few tweaks they shoot and look very well and nice. I always wanted an ak in.308 thought that would be the ultimate ak so far that has been very true ,if i could get 20 rounders i would be convinced it is better than any 7.62x39 rifle all day long.jmho.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,714 Posts
Well as noted you can get Korean or USA made 20 round or larger M14 mags for $12 to $30 and mod them easily as in the posts I made above.

AFIK the Zastava M91 has never been imported into the USA. It is anticipated sometime this year according to Zastava Arms, Serbia and Century Arms info..

You may have seen a Vepr in 54r perhaps.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that you say that coulda been a vepr i saw in 54r, you have a line on where to get those mags? i am having trouble finding any , maybe i need a shotgun news to find some , freds should have a few if i get the site out of the mag.

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,714 Posts
Now that you say that coulda been a vepr i saw in 54r, you have a line on where to get those mags? i am having trouble finding any , maybe i need a shotgun news to find some , freds should have a few if i get the site out of the mag.
M14 mags., the Koreans work fine but there are some USA as well. The mags or furniture do impact 922r>>

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/mil-spec-20-rd-m14-m1a-mag.aspx?a=148200
http://www.keepshooting.com/m14-magazines-taiwan-t57.html
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/m14-m1a-magazines-prod27330.aspx

·
Silver Bullet Member
802 Posts
OK, so what's the final word on the performance of the Zastava M77 in .308? I've been chomping on the bit and now I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering one. Final opinion from those of you who have purchased and field tested them would really be welcomed!

·
Gold Bullet member
12,058 Posts
OK, so what's the final word on the performance of the Zastava M77 in .308? I've been chomping on the bit and now I'm ready to pull the trigger on ordering one. Final opinion from those of you who have purchased and field tested them would really be welcomed!
I read that they are deadly accurate at a 1000 yards.

·
Silver Bullet Member
802 Posts
Thanks AKBLUE! I like wood and have done the research to make it work. Been shooting .308 for 30 plus years so brass is not an issue and I reload. Mine will be ordered next week!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.