Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some flat panel wattlewood red shellac grips for my polish tok, refinished it with black cerekote and took the abominable safety off...plugging the holes (thanks lathe)... Can't wait to post pics!
Anyone want to post some pics of unique tok grips?
thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Marschall Grips Question

I ordered some flat panel wattlewood red shellac grips for my polish tok, refinished it with black cerekote and took the abominable safety off...plugging the holes (thanks lathe)... Can't wait to post pics!
thanks!
I was just wondering how you got ahold of them, I sent a special order request for an order about 2 months ago and didn`t get a reply.Please advise

·
Copper Bullet member
599 Posts
Always loved the look of those wraparound grips they sell. But knowing how long it takes to get them and my "I want it now" mentality I've put off ordering them. Just might have to force myself to go ahead hahahaha.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Always loved the look of those wraparound grips they sell. But knowing how long it takes to get them and my "I want it now" mentality I've put off ordering them. Just might have to force myself to go ahead hahahaha.
Dennis is just getting back up to speed. He took some time off when his daughter was born and now he and Gustav are back to work. Mine took about two months to get. He doesn't reply to emails very often but does come through. I'm not sure how Dennis gets the special custom orders done (like engraving, special wood, etc.) - Maybe order in the comments box? I have their grips on a few guns including Makarovs, CZ-82, etc. but like I said he takes a couple months or so and doesn't seem to respond to emails much and I know he speaks or at least writes well in english. It could also take some time to fet orders ever since the Obamalypse when everything gun and gun-related got swamped with orders.

·
Registered
690 Posts
thanks!
How did you "plug" the holes may I ask? I have looked for some plastic or rubber snap rivets or similar but so far no luck. I didn't want to risk welding myself but have been trying to figure out the best options. Those damned safety lock pins are spring loaded and they go flying off if not careful while stripping and cleaning. I would rather just chuck the safety and "plug" the holes myself. Thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did you "plug" the holes may I ask? I have looked for some plastic or rubber snap rivets or similar but so far no luck. I didn't want to risk welding myself but have been trying to figure out the best options. Those damned safety lock pins are spring loaded and they go flying off if not careful while stripping and cleaning. I would rather just chuck the safety and "plug" the holes myself. Thanks.
I just miked the holes, then lathed out little plugs from a piece of rod I had around the shop. Then loctite them in. The only problem is that the left side has the recesses for the detent ball...which filled right up with JBweld! It looks better than holes...and that safety was a joke...an accident waiting to happen.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just to contribute to the plug-the-hole thread drift, here's what I did with mine:

I had a machinist lathe out a small piece of steel to fit the hole, and made it to accept the safety clip on the other side. Then I blued it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.