Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a couple M95 Steyr's, and in the talk here about them, it was said they are not a K31. Heard a lot of praises about them, so I went over to my military surplus dealer again and looked at them. He had 6, and I picked the best one. Here it is. All matching numbers, original sling, 4 boxes of G11 ammo with a stripper clip, excellent bore, for $165. I'm real pleased! :D

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
Good deal for 165!!!!! Everyone should own atleast one!

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
I'm still kicking myself for not buying one at Big 5 for $79.99 on sale. That's one of the nicer Beech stocks I've seen.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know CW, I was at Big 5 yesterday to look at a Russian Nagant for $74.99 on sale, but I didn't even know about these K31's until last night. I didn't even look for one of these there. He said more (Russians) will be in Monday. I'll see if they have any when I go back. Maybe I'll get another one!

·
Gold Bullet member
758 Posts
That one is very nice. And a good price to. Congrats.

·
Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
Couldn't go wrong for $165. Nice looking rifle also.

Regards
Art

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys! The left side is nicer than the right. That must be normal.

Hope I'm not boring you with all these pics! :eek: Can't wait to shoot it, I bet it's as good as y'all say!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
It's hard to bore us with gun p0rn. :D Nice rifle! Have you had a chance to shoot it, yet? Even though the stock may be beat up a bit, the Swiss soldiers sure knew how to take care of their rifles where it counts (on the inside). Try and find a translated copy of the field manual for the K11/K31. It should be available somewhere online, and it's invaluable, IMHO.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right SOTG! I need to get familiar with it so I can shoot it. Like, what is that lever with the spring on the right side of the receiver? :eek:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RR68. I appreciate the help.

AC

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Dan, my dealer has lots of the G11 ammo, too!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Unfortunately not Mosin. Wish it did. Think I'll have to buy another one with one!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I plan on it Denny! Going back Tuesday for some more. :)

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
www.swissrifles.com is THE site for Swiss arms of all kinds.

It has a manual for the K31, how to decipher the soldier's tag that MIGHT be under the butt-plate, lists of manufacturing dates and a whole raft of other detailed stuff, including accessory dealers [Guisan is THE man there] and leatherworkers, too, to customise your piece.

tac

K96/11
K31
K31-actioned target rifle

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yeah, that's the manual. Thanks Zachary!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts