Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me my dad and a buddy took the French exchange student out and let her shoot a couple of my guns, first time she had even touched one I believe! First gun she shot? My Mosin-Nagant M44, then my Lancaster AK74!
Clay pigeon shooting Shooting sport Shooting Grass Skeet shooting

After shooting my dad decided we were all too hot and needed a dip in the shade...
Vehicle Waterway Watercourse Plant community Tree

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,713 Posts
Excellent day. I can relate.
I have hosted two foreign exchange students. One from Japan and one from Germany. The Japanese got to fire a Japanese Type99 full auto and could read the script on the rifle as well. He was smiles ear to ear and when we put him on a four wheeler and ran along and in the creek..., he couldn't stop smiling. He got to see a 4th of July parade in a small Ohio river town where the parade had Shriners on little motorcycles (he asked what those men were?army men?) and a brand new 20 ton Kenworth dump truck in the parade and the local fire depts. all good.
Makes you realize that while some folks bitch about our gun laws. We have access to firearms that are unheard of in most of Europe or Asia..

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long did it take to get the truck out? :)
Once we got my brothers Toyota Tundra to where we were at, it took less than a minute... That Toyota with that v8 is a monster.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,814 Posts
Looks like you had a good time even if you got sidetracked a little bit by a puddle ;)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I had two different highschool age Japanese exchange students (Masayuki and Tomofumi) in the late 80s. I was a rangemaster at the PD and let both guys shoot S&W 439s, MP5s, Uzis, and 870s. Neither had ever touched a firearm before. They had a great time and smiled from ear to ear. After they shot, they really loved it when I keyed up the Duelatron "Good Guy -Bad Guy" targeting system - then I went through a Hogan's alley yelling "Banzai!" with the MP5 and doing transition to my service auto when it ran out. One said my Celtic warrior ancestors would be proud! The other said I was "Ichi Ban Baka" (Number One, CRAZY!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.