Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all
I need to tap this fount of info if I may.
Got this little H&R .22 that my Dad left when he passed.
He didn't know anything about it.
All the nephews called it the sock gun. nobody ever shot it but me... recently, with no apparent problems
Four inch barrel, 9 shot, serial L387XX. See attached pic
It didn't have a front sight and someone had tried to put one in the groove. Staked it a bit too hard I'd guess.
A range rod hangs up in the bore, won't go past the sight. I could drive it thru' but won't. It's close.
The sight that is there now is soft soldered in place.
I am curious about a date of mfgr, and am playing with the idea of counterboring it to completely clear the bore.
The piece is one of those curiosities we run across in our hobby. It would be a good hiking carry if they would let us here.
Any H&R guys here? Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
I can't tell much from your photo, but if it is a Model 922, it's what the Goforth book on H&Rs (H&R Arms Company 1871-1986) identify as a 1st model which was made from 1927-1952. If serial number is "L" it probably was produced in 1951, probably "7th variation of the 1st model.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I have a few of these. Really enjoy the tip up. I have a snubby that the PO thought was nickel. After some polish it turned out to be shiney chrome. These are sweet 22 revolvers and affordable. One I have the cylinder notch was too big. I took a flat stock and rolled the metal the way it had to go to tighten it up. It’s perfect now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.