Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
OP:

Excellent first-hand information. Thanks for posting. 👍

Reactions: nowhere011

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
Am I alone in thinking that this thread seems austere without photos of some Gulf War bringbacks?

Here's a pair of Iraqi binoculars and a helmet that were brought back from Desert Storm in 1991:

I went a bit overboard buying Iraqi militaria in the early to mid '90s and have quite a few helmets, uniforms, and bits and pieces of gear. If anyone want to see more just say so. That's assuming of course that the OP doesn't mind me cluttering up his thread.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
No one else collects Desert Storm and Iraqi bringbacks? If you do, please post some photos. I can't be the only one.

PS: I'm sorry to repost the same old photos. I do plan to take new and better photos of all the pieces I have in storage so one of these days I'll post something worth viewing.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,075 Posts
Mike:

If you are only going to have one gas mask brought back from the Gulf wars, yours is one of the best choices. To the best of my knowledge and belief, the minaret marking on your mask indicates that it was manufactured in Iraq. And that makes it somewhat unusual because the vast majority of military equipment, uniforms, weapons, and everything else worn or used by the Iraqi soldier, was purchased from other nations.

Thanks for posting! 👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts