Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awhile back, I bought a few stocks at auction. Mainly because I needed one particular stock for my Eddystone.

For the most part Geladen has pretty much I.D.d the bulk of them. I do have one question on one that Bill I.D.d for me. It's the FN 1950. This particular one seems to be a M 24, Intermediate action. I know the 1950s were chambered for .30 cal. What would these M24s have been chambered for.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These were some of the gunstocks in question.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Awhile back, I bought a few stocks at auction. Mainly because I needed one particular stock for my Eddystone.

For the most part Geladen has pretty much I.D.d the bulk of them. I do have one question on one that Bill I.D.d for me. It's the FN 1950. This particular one seems to be a M 24, Intermediate action. I know the 1950s were chambered for .30 cal. What would these M24s have been chambered for.

View attachment 769061 View attachment 769062
The FN model 1924 was sold around the world in different calibers. 7mm was widely sold in South America. 8mm was sold in Europe and also in large numbers to China. The ridged buttplate that wraps around the edge of the stock was used on a Columbian Contract, but those rifles were Model 1930 with the standard length receivers. The Belgium Congo received model 1924 rifles with a ridged buttplate, but I believe it was flat against the stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.