Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted an original Soviet TT-33, and when I found this at a gunshow a couple weeks ago, I couldn't pass it up. All matching except the magazine, and it shoots fantastically too. Does anyone know of a good source to determine what the various markings along the frame mean? I assume that they're just random inspection or acceptance marks but it'd be nice to know what exactly they stand for if that information is even known.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
2,497 Posts
Congratulations on your new Tokarev. I suggest you buy cameron whites brand new book on tokarevs . It is only 39.99 from mowbray publishing and it is excellent. I have not checked but most of the marks are proof or inspector marks, as I recall. The star after the serial number is Tula Arsenal. Enjoy your new TT but beware, they have a way of multipling .

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congratulations on finding and acquiring your Soviet Red Army 1940 Tula Arms Plant produced Tokarev Model TT-33. I'm partial to the Tula 1940 production year 'cause that what mine is. :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I've always wanted an original Soviet TT-33, and when I found this at a gunshow a couple weeks ago, I couldn't pass it up. All matching except the magazine, and it shoots fantastically too. Does anyone know of a good source to determine what the various markings along the frame mean? I assume that they're just random inspection or acceptance marks but it'd be nice to know what exactly they stand for if that information is even known.
If you are serious about the marks, you need a copy of Ruslan Chumak's book 'Markings on Russian and soviet small arms'.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
I wish I had a real Tok. but I don't. I have a Chinese copy of one in 9mm (Model 213) but I've only fired it very few times. It is nearly mint and since they have been cut off from import I think mint pieces will only go up in value. I do have a Yugo M57 in 7.62 mm that has been refurb. I really like the way it shoots and functions. It is an excellent companion piece for my semi auto PPS 43c also in 7.62mm. I haven't seen adds for the PPS 43c pieces lately. Are they on a non-import list now a days ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.