Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I went to the show in Houston this week-end. We were there for two hours Saturday morning and it was too busy to stay longer. The crowds were in a buying mood. Several of the vendors had AR-15's in various configurations and all of them seemed to be selling, especially at the $800 or so price point. Our friends at Ammunition to Go were filling ammo orders with 4 cash registers working at once. Ammo prices seemed to have slowed their rapid ascent lately. With all the buying, most of the sellers had grins on their faces.

There were several tables of mil-surps and prices seemed reasonable. I almost picked up an M38 with the proper stock for $118, but put it back. I did purchase a Yugo M59/66, matching, in good condition. The price wasn't anything to brag about, but it was $50 cheaper than in the local shops.

We didn't see Royke, but then again we circled the periphery and he often sets up in the middle aisles.

Every time my son goes with me, I make an impulse buy. This time it was something new to me. German made MP-5 clones in .22LR. I bought the set of GSG-5's, both the rifle and the pistol. What a blast to shoot. They are well-balanced, pretty accurate, stylish and good cheap fun (to shoot, not to purchase). The price OTD matched the lowest I have seen anywhere since we purchased. Next time my boy stays home and I will be more disciplined ;).

If you're looking for some plinking fun mit ze attitude, my boy and I heartily recommend these babies.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,792 Posts
Looks like a fun addition to the 'family'. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts