Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ironically, it seems when your not looking, you find something. I went to the show today with a few items with the intention of thinning the collection a bit. So, I wasn't really shopping when I found these two rifles.

First rifle is a SCW 91/30. It's a 1937 Tula. It has the Spanish handguard, crude Spanish cleaning rod, and wire hangers. The odd feature are the oversized, and seemingly handmade front sling escutcheons. Has anyone else seen this? Maybe these can be considered another recognized SCW feature? It is also not import marked. The seller made sure to mention that it came back in a G.I. duffle bag. I didn't correct him, I just smiled and handed him his $40 asking price. I have always had a soft spot for SCW rifles and I was glad to bring this one home.

The second rifle I saw at a distance as a Mosin M91. I could see the price tag and already new it would come home with me. I picked it up and nearly burst when I saw it was a P26. I handed the dealer $70 trying to remain calm. However, he wouldn't release the rifle to me yet. Attached to the rear sling swivel was some sort of fancy commercial leather sling. He needed pliers to removed it. "That sling is worth more than the rifle you know" was his response. I nearly tore up the show looking for pliers or a leatherman but we got the sling off. This is probably my best gunshow Finn find to date.

Both rifles on on the lower scale as for condition, but for the prices, I'm not complaining. I'm quite pleased.

·
Diamond Member
5,787 Posts
40 & 70 Bucks! WoW!!!! Congratulations. The SCW hanger arrangement is a first for me. Denny

·
Registered
299 Posts
What gun show were you at. As there was on near me today that I didnt forgot it was time for.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was at the New Mexico Gun Collectors show. Finn rifles are scarce around here compared to other parts of the country. SCW rifles turn up here more often. Mostly people don't recognize them for what they are.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Show Finds

I feel you did very well on your finds at the show,had you passed we would need to place you in a mental ward.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Great finds! Thanks for sharing. Does the SCW have the typical Made in USSR stamp?

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
THIEF! THIEF! THIEF! Good grabs.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,105 Posts
I dream about days like that......
Excellent, just excellent.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yes !! VERY NICE !!! I know its hard not to show excitement when you find a steal like that !! I have done it a few times in the past !!

manygunsmike

·
Gold Bullet member
11,322 Posts
Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts