Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Michigan Antique Arms Collectors Show is September 15 & 16, 2007. The best show in Michigan for finding Enfields and enfield related items. It is at the Rock Financial Expo Center in Novi(West side of Detroit). Several members of the forum will be there, including Vic and myself, AND Ian Skennerton is confirmed to be there.

·
Gold Bullet Member
334 Posts
Thanks for the alert. I was set to go to Dayton. I have been to the Novi show several times and it is great. EDINOH.

·
Gold Bullet member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will also have a table there. Stop by and say hi. Will be there all day Saturday and Sunday until 1:00pm.

·
Gold Bullet member
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Report/acquisition

Saw Ian Skennerton, he inscribed several of his books for me. He brought 2 cases of his latest, "The Lee-Enfield," and sold all but 2 copies the first day. If you show up on Sunday wanting a copy, you will probably be disappointed, BUT he brought LOTS of other books with him.
He also informed me that the L42 is back in the army. The new super magnum sniper and the .50 caliber snipers do too much "collateral damage" in an urban environment, so the L42 will be used in urban areas. A total 120 (some new made) have been ordered up for the army, SAS Marines, Paras, etc. As he said, "after 120 years, the Enfield still soldiers on."
Some good "stuff" at the show. A scout sniper scope sold very reasonably(I did not get it), a C7 receiver is till there for sale. At least one 22 SMLE is still available, and several No.4s and SMLEs.

Picked up the galilean sight pictured below, cheap:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts