Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,594 Posts
We have handgun registration in a couple of counties in NV. Oddly enough, they are the counties that contain Las Vegas and Reno. This law has been on the books for some time. My theory is that the mob wanted to know who might be kitted up before busting down their door.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,594 Posts
Richard, I believe it was the last NV legislature that passed a "state pre-emption" law but grandfathered in the Clark County and Boulder City restrictions. Oddly, the North Las Vegas law was NOT included, IIRC. North Las Vegas had provisions in their restrictions that also covered WHO could have a gun, which is the domain of Federal authorities. I think the reasoning was that this left NLV open to an expensive lawsuit if challenged so they quietly let their restrictions go away. It is covered in the proceedings of the last state legislature, although you may have to cross-reference to the NLV codes to align certain dates.

Edited to add:

Richard, you must have been modifying your post as I was typing. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.