Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going there Friday for a year tour.. And if I can get them back, are there any milsurp guns there in abundance? Dou you think i could get my hands on a TT33 fairly easily?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Well, those north-korean guys are pretty small. So might have a chance to grab one ;-)
Good luck on your tour and stay safe!
Best regards,
A

·
Registered
321 Posts
Exactly. Be safe and maybe see a little of Korea while you're at it. An interesting country to be sure.
Don't know about gun laws there, but if its anything like Japan, you'd be hard pressed to buy operable guns legally there.

Best,
Gunnar

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Are you set for a Hassle?

If you find anything, are you set for a very big hassle in trying to bring any firearm into the US? Importation permits, BATFE compliance forms, etc., etc.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Bill

·
Silver Bullet member
36,340 Posts
If it's not an antique, pre 1899, or muzzleloader forget it. Too much hassle.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
If it's not an antique, pre 1899, or muzzleloader forget it. Too much hassle.
Out of curiosity, what is the process of bringing a firearm back from overseas? I know anything that can't normally be imported is verboten.

·
Administrator
3,327 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the process of bringing a firearm back from overseas? I know anything that can't normally be imported is verboten.
Depends on the country and how you got it.

If in Europe, i.e. Netherlands, Beligium and Germany, you would bring it over, register it, buy it there legally, register it and then apply to bring it home. It can be a long process i have been told, but possible.

For Asia type countries, I think the answer is NO.... While at Camp Humphries, Korea, I worked in the PMO (Provost Marshals' Office) Physical Security and inspected arms rooms, NO personal weapons I saw at all (and in europe I saw them often).

ed

·
Registered
183 Posts
While I was stationed in Germany in the early 90s, it took at least 6 months for all the BATF paperwork to go through. Most people that wanted to bring a firearm back started the paperwork 9-12 months before their PCS/ETS date. I am sure that a lot has changed since then (trying to buy firearms in Europe).

·
Copper Bullet member
468 Posts
when I was in Korea, I was told that the civilian gun laws preclude general ownership...you will see alot cool airsoft. I tried to bring one back but it was confiscated (this was in '94) now airsoft is all around but not at that time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts