Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this email today from Gunpal.Looks like they are suddenly ashamed of the word gun in there name.I thought guns were why they started the service in the first place.In my opinion they should not compromise even if it means going out of business.Maybe they are in it solely for the money.I realize they have to make money to survive but still it doesn't look right to me to drop the word gun fro the name.Opinions please!!

HEALDSBURG, CA – May 13, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

GUNPAL, the leader in transaction-neutral online payment processing, is now operating as GPal, Inc. at the website https://www.gpal.net/

In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. Our users will find familiar functionality and feel, secured by our Verisign EV SSL Certificate, the strongest in the world.

Only the name is evolving to better serve our user base and provide a growth path for expansion. All buttons, links and banners will continue to work but will be redirected to gpal.net. Thank you for your support thus far in providing a transaction-neutral payment service.

Sincerely, Ben Cannon
Chairman/CEO
GPal, Inc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Doesn't bother me one bit, and if I decide to go with them for services, I hope that they do what is needed to be profitable enough to stay in business. I'd hate to get all excited and gungho about Gunpal only to find out that in 2 years they are out of business. Paypal makes gun people mad, and we all agree that it doesn't make sense not to want our business, just like Ebay doesn't want our gun and ammo business. Honestly I thought that Gunpal sounded too narrowly focused a name, so if they are trying to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, who cares if they are Gunpal, Gpal, or someother firearms sounding name? I seriously don't think they are ashamed of the word gun. Now I gotta get on over to Gpal.net and check it out. ~~Just one man's opinion.~~

·
Diamond Member
712 Posts
Doesn't bother me one bit, and if I decide to go with them for services, I hope that they do what is needed to be profitable enough to stay in business. I'd hate to get all excited and gungho about Gunpal only to find out that in 2 years they are out of business. Paypal makes gun people mad, and we all agree that it doesn't make sense not to want our business, just like Ebay doesn't want our gun and ammo business. Honestly I thought that Gunpal sounded too narrowly focused a name, so if they are trying to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, who cares if they are Gunpal, Gpal, or someother firearms sounding name? I seriously don't think they are ashamed of the word gun. Now I gotta get on over to Gpal.net and check it out. ~~Just one man's opinion.~~
Sounds right to me. I use the service as PP is so anti-gun. If they want more biz and think they can get it with a name change - so be it.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Sounds right to me. I use the service as PP is so anti-gun. If they want more biz and think they can get it with a name change - so be it.
I used GunPal to pay for ammo and certain other items. Works just fine with Mr. Nambu and others on Auction Arms. It beats playing cat and mouse with those antis at Paypal. Why do they even bother trying to be a bunch of bigots; when it's so easy to get around a stupid rule?

I'd get rid of that Pal name too. It will invite a trademark infringement lawsuit from the Paypal antis sooner or later...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I have never used GunPal now known as GPal but I plan to open an account because I am thinning my rifle collection and want to give buyers an easier way to pay without using a Commie business like Pay-me-Pal.

I know when I start to use GunBroker more often again, especially when buying non-firearm items like holsters, optics etc. I will look for the GPal option because it gets to be a PITA to have to run out and get a MO for $30 to pay for a holster or a belt.

There was a thing called GearPay a while back and then it seemed to dissapear, was that the forerunner of GunPal? I hope "GPal" stays around, with online buying of firearms becoming an increasingly more reliable method,and e-mailed PDF FFL's and C&R's becoming the norm, we need a reliable way to pay besides sending out checks or MO's. I email my FFL dealer and within hours the seller has the FFL on email, and with GPal it will now make it possible for me to pay instantly too and not have to sweat checks getting lost. It also gives buyers and sellers more protection as now there's an airtight 100% proof that you paid in the event you get a scammer, and no more bad checks or "the checks in the mail" from slow or deadbeat buyers. I have had to wait over a month sometimes for people who bought a gun from me on GB to get the check out, now I can be like "didn't get the GPal yet what's up?"

·
Silver Bullet member
779 Posts
I got this email today from Gunpal.Looks like they are suddenly ashamed of the word gun in there name.I thought guns were why they started the service in the first place.In my opinion they should not compromise even if it means going out of business.Maybe they are in it solely for the money.I realize they have to make money to survive but still it doesn't look right to me to drop the word gun fro the name.Opinions please!!

HEALDSBURG, CA – May 13, 2010 (For Immediate Release)

GUNPAL, the leader in transaction-neutral online payment processing, is now operating as GPal, Inc. at the website https://www.gpal.net/

In order to appeal to a broader market and offer superior products and services, we are reorganizing under GPal, Inc. Our users will find familiar functionality and feel, secured by our Verisign EV SSL Certificate, the strongest in the world.

Only the name is evolving to better serve our user base and provide a growth path for expansion. All buttons, links and banners will continue to work but will be redirected to gpal.net. Thank you for your support thus far in providing a transaction-neutral payment service.

Sincerely, Ben Cannon
Chairman/CEO
GPal, Inc.
Complete drivel.

They are a business. They will use a name that allows them to expand into any and all niches. They have not changed their stance on guns.

Imagine buying flowers online and paying via gunpal. Sounds weird doesn't it? That is why they're changing their name.

So long as they are known as GPal they will be used by unsuspecting and normally gun shy folk. What's good for GPal is good for us.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Makes sense, they are trying to make a profit and also compete with the "other Pal" as it is known on GB and AA......some avid fisherman might not think they could use something called "GunPal" to buy fishing gear and boots, and thus use the dreaded "other" Pal to pay for it.

+1 on that, I want to see GPal stay in business no matter what it's called. The more gun friendly businesses the better. If they make the bulk of their profit on firearms business it's one more supporter in our corner.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Complete drivel.

They are a business. They will use a name that allows them to expand into any and all niches. They have not changed their stance on guns.

Imagine buying flowers online and paying via gunpal. Sounds weird doesn't it? That is why they're changing their name.

So long as they are known as GPal they will be used by unsuspecting and normally gun shy folk. What's good for GPal is good for us.
That's the idea. Ben Cannon told Tom Gresham "Gun Talk"; that his GPal can be used to pay for anything which is not illegal. Wish them the best. It won't succeed unless more of us use it. I have already told two people who deal in firearms and ammunition about this alternative to patronizing an anti-gun company.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,077 Posts
Yep, don't care if they change their name to pinkposeyspal as long as they offer an alternative to those antigun asses at paypal. I hope they do expand; I always thought that the name Gunpal would limit their client base.

PAshutr3

·
Silver Bullet member
410 Posts
Gunpal (gpal) has been great so far. My only gripe with it aside from the new p.c. (?) name change is they dont have debit cards like paypal yet.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
851 Posts
I have had good luck with GunPal. I don't care what they call it as long as it works. So far it does.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gunpal sucks

For those of you who are looking into using gunpal for your gun transactions you might want to rethink it. On April 26th my ffl completed a sale for more than $3000 and accepted gunpal for payment. To date the funds still have not transferred to his account. He has dealt directly with Ben Cannon who has lied to him on at least two seperate occasions. I have a complete set of emails documenting the BS that gunpal is dishing out. This is not an isolated case. I have checked other boards such as glock talk and there are others out there with similar problems.

I don't know about you but waiting weeks for a payment to transfer is unacceptable. The guy who bought the guns had them two days later. Gunpal is no friend to the gun community if they can't do a simple transfer of funds in a timely manner. Use them at your own risk. I'm sure they will be getting numerous BBB, state attorney general and other complaints filed against them.

·
Diamond Member
712 Posts
For those of you who are looking into using gunpal for your gun transactions you might want to rethink it. On April 26th my ffl completed a sale for more than $3000 and accepted gunpal for payment. To date the funds still have not transferred to his account. He has dealt directly with Ben Cannon who has lied to him on at least two seperate occasions. I have a complete set of emails documenting the BS that gunpal is dishing out. This is not an isolated case. I have checked other boards such as glock talk and there are others out there with similar problems.

I don't know about you but waiting weeks for a payment to transfer is unacceptable. The guy who bought the guns had them two days later. Gunpal is no friend to the gun community if they can't do a simple transfer of funds in a timely manner. Use them at your own risk. I'm sure they will be getting numerous BBB, state attorney general and other complaints filed against them.
I would like to see some paperwork on this one - sounds like people with problems going after a processing agent. Saw it with PP - saw it with credit cards and debit cards as well.

I will wait to see some proof before stating anything else. They have been aces with my transactions, but then again, my money is always there when they go to get it... :)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Paypal is a mess too. A thief ripped me off for $100 and change. He doesn't answer email messages and his site is gone from BluJay. I reported this to Paypal and those idiots can't even recognize a case of take the $$$ and run...

·
Silver Bullet member
1,136 Posts
A short while ago I posted a thread headed GunPal Sucks. In this thread I stated that I recieved no confirmation of the money transfer. Last night I questioned my wife who originaly signed us onto Gunpal and transferred the money. She used an email address that she uses as a protection when first signing onto a new website. I tried several times to log onto GPal using my own email addy but could not get in. In frustration I logged onto my wife's alternate address and lo and behold there was GunPal's immediate response to the money transfer.

I apologise sincerely both to GPal and all members of the forum I may have offended by that post. I have re registered under my own email addy and can assure you all I will be using Gpal as much as I can in the future.

I sincerely ask the mods to delete that thread.

·
Diamond Member
1,673 Posts
A short while ago I posted a thread headed GunPal Sucks. In this thread I stated that I recieved no confirmation of the money transfer. Last night I questioned my wife who originaly signed us onto Gunpal and transferred the money. She used an email address that she uses as a protection when first signing onto a new website. I tried several times to log onto GPal using my own email addy but could not get in. In frustration I logged onto my wife's alternate address and lo and behold there was GunPal's immediate response to the money transfer.

I apologise sincerely both to GPal and all members of the forum I may have offended by that post. I have re registered under my own email addy and can assure you all I will be using Gpal as much as I can in the future.

I sincerely ask the mods to delete that thread.
In my opinion one of the best measurements of one's humanity and integrity is to publicly admit an error and to also try to minimize the consequences of that error.

If we ever meet Sir, it would be my pleasure to buy you a steak and a beverage.

regards
badger

·
Silver Bullet member
1,136 Posts
Bugger the steak mate. The beer will suffice. As we speak I am still eaing humble pie. This is what happens when the Sheilas do the paper work. Tnx for the warm fuzzy.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts