Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Back in Dec of '69 I'm sure I was still in awe of the moonlanding, preparing for Christmas and my first birthday coming up in March! :D

· Banned
10,365 Posts
I was in Mrs. Kipnis' 1st grade class, I think that was the last year my report cards didn't have anything about how I,m ".......a good student but disrupts the class....". :cool:

Yep my mom kept a lot of stuff but not my peddle car:mad: which today in rusted condition goes from an outragious couple hundred bucks at car shows.
I remember the moon landing well, had an Apollo 11 patch on my jean jacket.
Even though I just joined gunboards;) I still wasn't recovered from baseball season, actually I still haven't recovered from that season....but so far, still in first place.<crossing fingers, toes and anything else flexible enough to tie>

· Registered
373 Posts
In 1969 I was living in Albuquerque, New Mexico and was working at Sandia National Laboratories. I used the CDC 6600 for a computer and there was no such thing as the Internet. The ARPANET was just getting started was and not yet available to us.

Yeah, I know, who cares – I just needed to post something to get my post count off zero.

· Diamond Bullet Member
5,689 Posts
I was in the 4th grade. We would meet at my buddies house right after school and play in our make believe band. The song that sticks in my mind we played the most was Cherokee People( I think thats the name of it) by Paul Revere and the Raiders. Crank up the big console stereo and play the air guitar! Brings back some fond memories. I think it was in 4th grade that my father bought me my first gun, a H&R topper junior 410. My son also recieved this very same gun about the same age. He shot a lot of rabbits in our back yard with it. It still sits in my gunsafe today. Hopefully I will have a grandson ( or granddaughter) someday that can use it also. Alan

· Gold Bullet member
182 Posts
In 1969 I was living in Albuquerque, New Mexico and was working at Sandia National Laboratories. I used the CDC 6600 for a computer and there was no such thing as the Internet. The ARPANET was just getting started was and not yet available to us.

Yeah, I know, who cares – I just needed to post something to get my post count off zero.
F84...We all care....We just don't show it!

· Banned
10,365 Posts
..........Cherokee People( I think thats the name of it) by Paul Revere and the Raiders. .......
"Indian Reservation". Freaky! Just earlier today they played the original version on the radio, is was a slow-ish/bluesy country song(same guy, forgot the name also wrote Tobbaco Road). But in '69 you guys weren't listening to the Raiders version as it came out in '71, two years later.;)
Some one else did a remake, in 1968 by Don Fardon.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.