Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder how Comcast is handling the Netflix downloads. Could one's service be disconnected because too many movies are watched ??

·
Registered
104 Posts
I wonder how Comcast is handling the Netflix downloads. Could one's service be disconnected because too many movies are watched ??

The article mentioned something about 4 movies a day or 1000 songs....

So I guess getting the ISO file of knoppix (a linux OS) would probably be a no no too (it is a 4 GB file)?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,360 Posts
First my apologies for the rant...a while back crooked cablevision/optimum online capped my speed after talking to tech they told me I was using too much bandwidth they refused to remove the cap which was on the modem.So I did...time after time basically it was an easy modem flash.They did not like it but could not stop me.As soon as it was available I got verizon fios whichis a fiber connection and have had no issues at all.It is a 15/5 connection many times faster than any cable will be.
The cable companies are well aware that their lines can only handle so much especially now with digital cable as each dtv box eats up more bandwith and are trying anything to screw their customers and then hiding behind their "user agreemnts" wich noone reads Id bet "unlimited" is defined as "their descression"
The installers from cablevision are rude careless and destructive people,sorry your not drilling a hole in my house next to my window and draping a cable thru my gutter.
Also please note cablevision/optima online is currently working with the mpaa and riaa to identify people who are DOWNLOADING movies music ect not just the upladers/sharing as in the past so becareful with this worthless company

1 - 5 of 5 Posts