Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the knoxville show and checked some prices while i was there. .mak 90's $600-$800. norinco sks's $400-$500. yugo sks's $500 ,folding stock romanian ak's$1200. all the ammo i saw was $200 a spam can and around $400 a case and people were still buyinga little of everything.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
I attended the one in Louisville this weekend. Pretty much the same...MAK 90's $700, WASRs around $600. SAR2 with 1000 rnds ammo $895, Russian SKS's $400+, Chinese SKS's, $350-$469. Chinese hi-cap SKS's $600. Paratrooper version with spike $400. Norinco 84S..rough shape $1,400. Norinco 84S underfolder w/spike $1,800. I came across a Siles Norinco 56S. There is actually an article in todays Courier Journal about the show..GUN SHOW DRAWS CROWDS, BRISK SALES..complete with four color pics. I will try and set up a link.http://www.courier-journal.com/

·
Registered
264 Posts
I went to the C&E Gun show in Hickory N.C. yesterday .
The 7.62X39 in spam cans were $185 which compared to
the Charlotte show two weeks ago were going for $200
a spam can.
I talked to an older gentlemen carring around an underfolder
AK Romy ,he wanted $550 for it .It sold as soon as I walked
away from him ...Hey I didn't have that much on me...
Most AK's were from $599-$850 .I bought four Ak mags for $50 .
Plenty of people in a constant stream pouring into the show...

·
Gold Bullet member+
French Issue APX L806 scope sets SOLD OUT
1,265 Posts
Houston,TX GRB / George R Brown .....fairly large show.

7.62x39 Golden Bear / 500 rd box... $149 + tax........ had a Pallet Full...and it was Selling !

[Last weekend small Pasadena show had Wolf 7.62x39 ...500rd box for $118 otd /Out the Door.]

1200 rd wooden case Yugo $299 + tax

·
Registered
157 Posts
Price hikes

The election has given some people a scare for a new ban and dealers jacked up the price accordingly. Hopwfully it will pass soon. Still remember the Y2K scare?
In a long run nobody knows but in a short term I don't think any new regulation will be put into place by the new administration

·
Copper Bullet member
981 Posts
I still remember the 95'-96' scare with Clinton...and yes I am probably still sitting on some Colt AR's I bought that are worth less now then they were selling for in 95'.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,911 Posts
Waterloo, Iowa show

The Waterloo show on saturday was a complete joke. $650.00 WASR's and Saigas, a pisspounded Romanian mismatch SKS for $350.00. Almost nothing but black rifles in the Semiauto group, etc... Then into the bolt guns. $725.00 for someone's creation of what an O3A3 should look like sanded down to where no cartouches were left; had to have been Vasili Zeitsev's mosin for $300.00(91-30) '43 Izevsk. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I will be going to the Monroe, Wi. show on the 17(?) of January to try my small town luck. Maybe an AK will turn up there.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Going UP

DOU44, I suspect the upward pressure on prices we are interested in is going to accelerate as we move thru AD2009. Consider those encountered today as "low" relatively speaking.

Additionally, should there be stuff out there you want to lay in, do so as soon as practicable.

Why?

We - the American electorate - just voted into power the most anti-second amendment candidate ever to become chief executive. From all accounts he is totally focused on domestic restructuring. And the big idea is to cement single party power for the next five decades at least. To do so, America's messiah will placate each of his dedicated constituencies. Guess what: we aren't counted as a reliable Obama constituency. Additionally, John Lott the statistician used to teach at the University of Chicago alongside the American messiah, and upon a chance meeting of "the one," John offered to discuss civilian disarmament policy w/ a young constitutional law professor, Barack Hussein Obama, only to be rebuffed and dismissed: "Bah, I don't believe Americans have a right to keep and bear arms."

By next year's end there will be a Federal law prohibiting transfer of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and pistols. Mark my words. And ammunition will become effectively unavailable for sale.

Get ready to be "ruled for day one."

Kids, do what it takes or lose out. You are forewarned, be forearmed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I always do much beter buying from private parties or word of mouth when it comes to firearms or even ammo. Picked up a nice GP 10 Romanian AK with all preban features including side mount for scope for $450.00 bucks with one loaded 30 round mag a couple of weeks a go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.