Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
My local gun shows are 75% the same sellers every time with the same guns every time.
that's EVERY gun show, not just yours. especially the non-FFL table holders.

my theory it's these are married old codgers who do it to get out of the house and away from their wives for a few hours every weekend. they could care less if they sell anything

·
Silver Bullet member
55,519 Posts
three shows since locking down.
my observation in southern west Virginia smaller cherry-picking shows.
prices on table not too high in reality.....
ill explain.
when your dickering...
guy's Saling positions weakened DIFFERENT.
(even ones known!)
pressures of personal and increases gas, logging, tables. More!

Haggling use to be ranged $ 50-$250 arguing, witling, and repositioning ..
to agreed average hard fought!
these days. Not strongly stationed in "confidences anchored" at a hard fought price...
cash being sought out in shows a narrow window from few carriers crowds not hurt also with finances//
then there's the ones debt not a problem, not able to spend cash working on during lock downs cash pilled up!
we are at a slight advantage ...
aces $$$ in hand I've knocked average $250 off table prices on more that a few deals..
.AT POOR suggested shows...my favorite my moneys worth a lot more..1
out of tune with bigger shows i think, out of state prices ..
.different price margins philosophy on slower expense guns......i like

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I sure wish I still had the dozen SVT 40s I bought when they first come into the country. They were onky $249.95! When I sold them for $600, I thouhgt I was making a killing. I guess I didn't wait long enough!

Reactions: AK-Karl

·
Registered
544 Posts
I sure wish I still had the doxen SVT 40s I bought when they first come into the country. They were onky $249.95! When I sold them for $600, I thouhgt I was making a killing. I guess I didn't wait long enough!
What are they going for now? I bought one not too long ago. A bunch of guns came in that had been in a safe in a house fire. All that was wrong was it had soot stains on the stock that needed cleaning and the heat shield had a heat spot on the blueing. I think I gave 500 for it.

·
Gold Bullet Member
6,669 Posts
What are they going for now? I bought one not too long ago. A bunch of guns came in that had been in a safe in a house fire. All that was wrong was it had soot stains on the stock that needed cleaning and the heat shield had a heat spot on the blueing. I think I gave 500 for it.
$2000

·
Registered
544 Posts
Reall? perhaps I got a heck of a deal then. I'm not up on Russian guns. The ones that have electropencil marks are worth that? The electropencil on the bolt matches the 188 stamped on the stock and receiver number. Are they all going for that price? I couldn't get the soot out of the finger grooves and the handguard was mottled.

Attachments

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
77,304 Posts
Never much into russian firearms. I do have two 91/30PUs though for just in case.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Never much into russian firearms. I do have two 91/30PUs though for just in case.
Me neither but I do have a .44 revolver made by Ludwig Loewe for the Russians. It was picked up by a GI during the run up to capture Berlin in 1945.
Dan

·
Gold Bullet member
12,865 Posts
181 - 195 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.