Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was at a gunshow yesterday. A couple guys had 20 CAI imported P-14s, from all three manufacters. Most were excellent shape. The mahority had p-14 stocks, one had a p-17 stock. Cutouts where the volley sights were. Looking at them quick I saw a N.Z.A.F. stamp on a buttsock. The sellers said they were completly covered in cosmoline. Price $375.
When and from where were they imported?
How's the price?

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
If I saw P-14's for $375 at a gunshow here in the Pacific NW, I would buy one.

·
Silver Bullet member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are currently on Centurys web site. If they are all as nice as the ones I saw they may be worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
P14

You mean they haven't sold at the "sticker price" of $600+ (they're rare you know)? I think even $375 is about $100 more than I would pay unless they are very very original.

·
Silver Bullet member
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not extremly original. No volley sights. But the bores were pristine and the wood was very good.
I'd rather have a P-17, due to ammo. But would buy one of these for $300. They were not moving at the show, and the guy had 20.
Do you have any idea what century asks for them?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
P14

Do you have any idea what century asks for them?
I don't have my Century and SOG flyer here, but both (I am thinking it is the same batch) were asking on the high end of $600 for these on paper at least. I don't know which genius came up with that pricing.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
are you sure that one was in a M1917 stock ? the wheedon rebuild had some refitted with scotish made P1914 stocks that had no volleys , they were made specificaly for that purpose and are a very viable varient , in some ways id like to have one of those before a desighted early stock ,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts