Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Michigan Antique Firearms Collectors show is this week end, November 29 & 30.
Went in today(Nov. 28) to setup and had 4 Enfields thrown at me in the first 5 minutes. ! was a sporter No. 4 with a very nice commercial stock, another was a 2A1, third was a milled down No. 4, and the last was a Lee-Speed. I am getting the Lee-Speed and am working on getting the 2A1. And the show has not even opened yet!
This is always a great venue for Enfields and Enfield related items. If you can make it, GO!

·
Gold Bullet member
762 Posts
The Michigan Antique Firearms Collectors show is this week end, November 29 & 30.
Went in today(Nov. 28) to setup and had 4 Enfields thrown at me in the first 5 minutes. ! was a sporter No. 4 with a very nice commercial stock, another was a 2A1, third was a milled down No. 4, and the last was a Lee-Speed. I am getting the Lee-Speed and am working on getting the 2A1. And the show has not even opened yet!
This is always a great venue for Enfields and Enfield related items. If you can make it, GO!
Why bother when all the good stuff has obviously been bought before the doors are open?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Why bother when all the good stuff has obviously been bought before the doors are open?
I'm increasingly feeling the same way about the gunshows here- the good stuff has already been purchased or set aside long before the general public get anywhere near it. It's not helping the hobby, IMHO.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,896 Posts
I was there after the doors opened and there were bargains if you had the money and the interest. I bought a second, as new, No.4 Mk2 with odd N prefix serial number and unlike the normal Mk2, no indication of maker or date.

There was an odd Longbranch rework by India adding sniper mounting pads.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prices were generally very good. Saw 6 No. 4s that were UNDER $140.00(lowest was $75.00), none were beauties, but all were presentable. Several SMLEs, and lots of bayonets and assorted bits.
Odd ball stuff, too: A No. 5 that started out as a Savage No. 4*, converted to a No. Mk 1/3, converted to a No. 5(NOT legitimate, but interesting); A Ross converted to shoot 30-40 Krag, had a Krag barrel and sights and the stock sporterized.

The No. 4 Mk 2 Paul got was touted as a commercial made one by the seller(no military marks or ownership marks). The guy is very knows his stuff, but I have never heard of such a thing. Have any of you?

·
Copper Bullet member
696 Posts
[QUOTE=ansleyj
Odd ball stuff, too: A No. 5 that started out as a Savage No. 4*, converted to a No. Mk 1/3, converted to a No. 5(NOT legitimate, but interesting)

Man, I had one of those a few years ago, but sold it.

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,896 Posts
Thanks Jon for showing me the Italian web sling they used on their post war Lee Enfields. It was a good show for education and amusement. The many changed No.4 that became a No.5 was priced at 600 dollars because it was an as new No.5! Of course it was still marked as a No.4 but that seemed incidental to the owner. If anyone is interested, I imagine it will still be available for the next show. That show has a tendency to have hanger queens year after year with the only change being to increase the price on the tag. One character just crosses out the old price and pencils in the new higher price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts