Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,518 Posts
I like the Colt too, but without those ugly sights.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, unfortunately, the colt has pretty much been destroyed - no collector value... reblued, sites, ww2 barrel and I think the GI who took it home removed the property marks. Real shame, a 1911 is a terrible thing to waste...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Nice P5. Mine is amazing on the range. They clean up nicely with wooden grips.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Ed,

How did you take such nice pictures? What type of camera and what were the lighting conditions? More details on the taking of the pictures please?????

The pictures I take usually look like crap, so any pointers you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Beautiful pistols and great photography!

I like that Makarov; just the perfect amount of "use" for me. Makes me miss the Bulgarian one I sold. Is that East German?

Thanks for posting!

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,339 Posts
1. As a collector item, yes the 1911 has indeed been spoiled; BUT

2. As a useful and functional item, it remains of value. I don't agree that the target sights are "ugly", though certainly non-issue. Also certainly a LOT easier to see if you wish the place your shots with precision.

Excellent photography. I want a Model 41, and the local fun shop has a very nice one, at over $1400, which means that want must remain my master in the matter of acquisition...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.