1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ha! This reminds me of something that took place many, many years ago.
Do you oldtimers remember after the Gun Control Act of 1968, shopkeepers would make you show your ID and copy down the info every time you bought a box of .22lr ammo, supposedly because it could be used in rifles and pistols alike? At least that was the case in Florida. They have since abandoned that nonsense, but at the time I hated it and refused to comply with this intrusive, Big Brother policy.
Anyway, I was a fiddler in Country bands back in the 1970's and a drummer I worked with had a 12 year-old son who wanted fiddle lessons. His dad offered the going rate, but I tallied up how much .22 ammo that amount of money would buy and asked to be paid in .22 ammo, bought and paid for by him, instead of cash.
So, he'd go to the store, show his driver's license, and buy the brands and amount of .22lr ammo I specified on my list. Every week he'd show up at my house with the kid, the kid's fiddle, and a huge amount of .22 ammo.
The boy was a pretty good student and I accumulated a pile of ammo that took decades to shoot up!

·
Copper Bullet Member
6,480 Posts
Nothing new under the sun. Read "Alas Babylon" by Pat Frank on 22 shells instead of money. Dern good SHTF book BTW.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Soon ammo and reloading components will be back to 2005 prices..
I am not going to be holding my breath until that happens.

A couple of years ago, one of the ammo dealers that would set up on about eight to ten tables at a lot of the local gun shows I attend was selling T-shirts with the statement that ammo was the currency of the new millennium. I should have bought one if his shirts, but I have never been the type of person that likes to wear shirts with writing on them.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Soon ammo and reloading components will be back to 2005 prices..
If you really believe that, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn that you should consider buying as an investment...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I would hope that when we get a republican back in office that the prices would drop...
Most "republicans" are no different from the dimocrats...

george w. bush is a good example... He had 8 years to do away with bill clinton's ban on SKS rifles and Chinese ammo, but did nothing... It will be no different if romney, christi or jeb gets elected...

·
Silver Bullet member
2,604 Posts
I don't things would be any worse with a Republican President, for sure. Most of this is driven by buyer frenzy and seems to vary with location. I can buy any reloading components I want for, nearly pre-panic prices. Bought a 100rnd bulk pack of wwb 9mm for $27.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.