Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read quite a few comments about the SOG Yogo M57's, and people seem to still be curious about the varying condition of them when they arrive, etc, so I figure I'd post up my experiences to add to the mix.

I ordered it online Sunday night, and it arrived today (Friday) at noon. I also ordered ammo for some of my other rifles while I was at it, which came in a seperate box, but I have no idea if that affects delivery time or not. I already have a 1953 Romanian Tok, and quickly noticed quite a few little differences in this Yugo one from SOG. I like this one better.

Anyway, as everyone else is saying, it came with a single mag, and was completely coated in cosmoline. After spending about 2hrs or so cleaning it up, I feel I'm very happy with what I got. The gun is in better condition than my Romanian one, and I like the way it functions better. Bore looks to be perfect to my eye. This was a NON handpick, and I think it's a great deal for the money. I mean hell, we all know we can drop over $150 on a tin of ammo easily enough, and that stuff gets shot up. In that light, $190 for the pistol is cool with me! :)

As it arrived in the box:

During cleanup:

After a little TLC:

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
i don't have a yugo, just 2 romanians...... like you, i like the yugo better. nice pistol, hope it shoots well for you. now i may have to have one. i've wanted 1 for awhile, but did'nt see any less than 2 bills. thanks.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I am supposed to get mine tommarow morning, around 8....HOPEING for a good one.....when I find a job, I intend to get another....and HOPEFULY a couple of mags. Wonder if sog will get anymore of these? There must be more over there......

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i don't have a yugo, just 2 romanians...... like you, i like the yugo better. nice pistol, hope it shoots well for you. now i may have to have one. i've wanted 1 for awhile, but did'nt see any less than 2 bills. thanks.
I'm expecting it to shoot well. I'm more accurate (and more consistent) with my Romanian than many of my modern handguns, which is weird. I don't know if it's the way it fits in my hand, or what, but there's no denying the results. It may be due to the sights, as there's much less "slop" in them than my modern ones. Who knows. As for the price, this one was $192.78. That's less than 2 bills.... Barely. Lol.

Very nice, good luck finding another mag or 2 but u can always convert a CZ-52 mag!
I don't have any need for another mag. However, If I DID, I'd just use the two that came with my Romanian. What do I need another mag for anyway?

Mine came like that too, Caked in cosmo

View attachment 326721 View attachment 326722
Nice. You got a much different cleaning rod than I did. Also, just like yours, there's not a slot for the rod on my holster either, but there is on my Romanian one. This one I got from SOG seems older than my Romanian holster, so my Romanian one probably doesn' belong with the gun.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
QUOTE!
I don't have any need for another mag. However, If I DID, I'd just use the two that came with my Romanian. What do I need another mag for anyway?

QUOTE!

No other Tok mag but a Yugo one fits the Yugo, since the Yugo holds 9 rounds andnot 8, so youir Rom mags are useless for the Yugo!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My "Yugo" came with two mags, what does the # 4-00-100 mean on the bottom of the mags, 4-00-.001 on the sides of them?
I'm not very well versed on these pistols, but I simply assumed they are just part numbers like the Garands have all over their stuff. I included the pics that show the numbers in case somebody more knowledgable was curious about mixed parts and could gain helpful info from it or something. I don't know enough about them to even have half a clue. :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No other Tok mag but a Yugo one fits the Yugo, since the Yugo holds 9 rounds andnot 8, so youir Rom mags are useless for the Yugo!
Oh, well, I still don't have any need for another mag, so I still win. :)

I don't think I'll be taking the Tok out to my IDPA events any time soon. Until I do, I guess I'm all good. Lol

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
1,595 Posts

I don't know much about them either, but I'm even more excited about the extra mag now! One thing I do know, I love the round.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
why do you need another mag? Because mags wear out. And I want to be shooting it for the next thirty years......I will probably buy one more yugo, and either another romanian or a pole.....and then buy a ton of mags for them......

·
1,595 Posts
I will probably buy one more yugo, and either another romanian or a pole.....and then buy a ton of mags for them......
What about one of these?

Now you've done it, you've gone and made me take it out of the box. ;)

Pics could be better if I wiped off the grease but I think I'll let it stay that way,for now.

The safety is much better (less cheesy) than some of those you mentioned.

·
1,595 Posts
Nice, got 1 just like it NIB in 97 or so. Does your manual also like mine say the Service Life of Pistol is 2000-2500 rounds???????
Just bought it about 6 months ago, still NIB, never saw the manual.

Heard a lot of talk about that (2500 round thing) most of the talk says it's bunk.

I'll probably never know, too "pretty" to shoot, got a pairs of CZ'52s for that, something that definitely can take it. :)

And the Yugo, well let's just say..................... "Gotta Get another".

Seeing the condition of the one "Lethalchem" bought I might get it from SOG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts