Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is that bipod?
Wait a minute, didn't you show this in another thread?
Something about the artificial ageing????????
The bipod is nothing special, just an inexpensive barrel-mount bipod that I thought looked the part - maybe from UTG.

Yes, I did post a few more pictures and a description of how I aged it in the other STG thread I linked in post #12.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
They still seem a little soft, I have a new in the box model that has been for sale on the trader for a couple months at what I think is a fair price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought one in March for $350 and it's a blast to shoot! I wish that the mags were steel rather than the polymer. The mags also cost a ridiculous amount of money :(

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I bought one in March for $350 and it's a blast to shoot! I wish that the mags were steel rather than the polymer. The mags also cost a ridiculous amount of money :(
yeah, they're a "ridiculous amount of money"..... NOW, if you can find them ......but I don't believe they were back then when you bought yours, I recall paying 30 bucks for 25 round mags when I bought mine....which I believe that was a decent price consider they were OEM mags and ATI was the only game in town for those mags, there was no aftermarket mags

·
Registered
439 Posts
mags are not "unobtanium" and there is no "secret formula" for finding them, use a search engine,
found this at the top page of my search

Lockhart Tactical | Military and Police Discounts up to 60% OFF - German Sport Guns STG 44 Twenty Five 25 Round Magazine

another one

GSG "Schmeisser" STG 44 25 Round Magazine - Lanz Shooting Supplies
Alas, I was right the first time: At this time magazines are "ubobtainium." I ordered some at Lockhart and called with "backorder only," which I did. The other outfit just indicates zero quantities available.

Fingers crossed on that B/O.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Alas, I was right the first time: At this time magazines are "ubobtainium." I ordered some at Lockhart and called with "backorder only," which I did. The other outfit just indicates zero quantities available.

Fingers crossed on that B/O.
Did you try Blue Line USA?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a GSG STG-44 about a year and a half ago, and I think I paid $400 for the "in the box" version along with a spare magazine. So far it's managed to chew through every round I've put through it. A close friend of mine bought one a couple months later (same deal) and he hasn't had any problems with his that I'm aware of.

I also picked up one of the GSG-522 SD carbines, also chambered in .22LR, a couple months later. I haven't had any issues with it, either. I ended up mounting an ADE red dot sight on it, just for the heck of it. Lots of fun to go plinking with.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
CDNN has scope mounts for $9.99.
that is a excellent price for the mount, the only thing I hate about those, is it mounts on top the rear sight. call be old fashion, but don't call me late for dinner :LOL: , I like my scopes to be where they are suppose to be; on top of the receiver

I found that the GSG MP5, or similar MP5 low profile mount, does just that. it "hooks" onto the receiver "rail", and is rock solid. a old and cheapie 4x20 RED STAR scope on a knock off AIM POINT mount, at least I believe it's a knock off I didn't pay much for it at a gun show, and I'm ready :D

Amazon.com : FIRECLUB PRO MP5 G3 GSG5 GSG-5 A5 Claw Scope & Sight Mounts 100% Aluminum Picatinny Tactical : Sports & Outdoors

21 - 31 of 31 Posts