Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly OT, but it DID happen in UK where I often live.

Friday night loading seesion I noticed that I was down to my last but one box of 155gr Lapua Scenar bullets - choice for my two .308Win rifles.

Since I buy by the thousand at a good price, the very next day [yesterday] I hied off to my local dealer with a view of stocking up - maybe picking up another thousand pack of LR primers at the same time.

Last time - about a year ago - I bought the bullets, they cost me £28.50/C, less the 10% club discount.

THIS year they had gone up, said the store clerk - 'Sorry 'bout that...'

Yup. They HAD gone up.

To £39.00 a hundred.:angry:

Stunned, I left at that point, wishing I'd bought fifty thousand last time, and then made a klilling on GB.

Shame on me, I guess, for shooting so many of the damn things in the fust place. but can anybody explain to me why they cost around dollars for pounds in Oregon, seven thousand miles away from Finland?

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
You just haven't got out enough recently tac.

In under two years PPU .303 ammunition has gone from £35 per hundred to £53. My favourite supplier increased his price from £43 per hundred six months ago to £56 last month.

I just mentioned this, in passing, on the HBSA Members' forum to get a long monologue from one individual on how tough it is being dealer these days. Although to be fair he may have a point.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You just haven't got out enough recently tac.

In under two years PPU .303 ammunition has gone from £35 per hundred to £53. My favourite supplier increased his price from £43 per hundred six months ago to £56 last month.

I just mentioned this, in passing, on the HBSA Members' forum to get a long monologue from one individual on how tough it is being dealer these days. Although to be fair he may have a point.
Grone.

Good job I don't have a .303 to feed, eh?

I truly have no idea how the dealers justify those prices - last week a can of Vihtavuori powder was £74 in our local dealer. For that price I'd expect it to be delivered personally by Santa Klaus on a golden sleigh hauled by reindeer wearing gold lame hand-knitted body warmers accompanied by the Rovaniemi Symphony Chorale.

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hmmm just purchased 1000 12 bore Eley cartridges for 155 Pounds exactly and the guy gleefully told me that they would be going up in price.Would any one like to take a guess what I will pay on my next visit to his shop?

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,339 Posts
Good grief, and I thought ammo was getting expensive over here. 100 rounds of white box Winchester 45 ACP 230-grain hardball was about $40, and i had to pay $45/box for some .218 Bee (that was a 50 round box, though).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.