Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
221 Posts
Just noticed the scant stock is NOT 03A3 ring cut - does this make it SA production stock? (less common???)

A qualified "yes". Should also have a small letter "s" in the cutoff mortice. Not as common as the post-A3 contractor stocks, but not "rare", either.

I have a high-number RIA in the same sort of stock, B&S bolt, SA 1942 barrel. No bits missing, and as-new bore. Tack-driver.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

·
Silver Bullet member
221 Posts
Lewis:

Rick should probably answer this one ... but IIRC, RIA never made "bent", or "swept" bolt handles. The "bend" or "sweep" that SA put in their bolts was a production convenience ... dunno why RIA didn't feel it was necessary. I need to check my serial number, I think it is pretty close to yours; and I think these were in the range that were not assembled at RIA, but rather sent to SA and eventually made into complete rifles there. As such, the presence of a RIA bolt would be "accidental".

Resp'y,
Bob S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.