Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Clean slate and all...

Oh yes, nothing to do but roll up ones sleeves and start filling these forums with posts...

I'm glad we'll get the 20 day period to salvage our old posts as there is quite a bit I'd hate to loose. Welcome everybody, we are all new members again, that I suppose is what they call a "level playing field". (Except I'm registered as a junior member, younger than 13 years old... Whaaaa, I want my mommy!!!!!)

Well, it will all turn out well. These new boards look great!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Hey I am 13 years of age too, and I joined in 1969, we must be in some kind of time warp. I had to enter my mommy's e-mail to be able to change my profile, so let us not post any bad photos.
Gus

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I, I am just waiting to make some transcriptions for a dear Scandinavian friend. He must be hurrying himself by now to salvage what is been said and written. Personnaly I understand of course, but tomorrow is another day. I hope that Bayonetcollector (a wise man for his age) has found the time to archive his stuff. If you need me BC, I'll be there!

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Not to worry Big Commander, there will be more letters posted soon. I've been busy resizing all JPS pictures (Phew!), but I'll post another letter before starting to salvage the old transcriptions/translations.

Perhaps we could salvage the old posts together? If we are a few fellows the work load will not be scary. What do you say expert? Can we do this as teamwork as we've done the actual work of making them? Any others willing to take part?

And thanks for the kind words, Big Commander. You are definitely a dear friend too, no doubt about that!

·
Registered
8,204 Posts
I wouldn't know how BC! I belong to a generation that grew up without even a television till 1956 (I was eleven at that time). I made the connection with "the new wonders of the world" because of an endoctrined knowledge that nothing must amaze us. That's what I do, and often all these things go sometimes way above my head! I still can learn some things to the interested young ones (and it is rewarding!). But we must learn to stop at some moment, not that I want it, but "enough is enough". Quality of his own living is decided by how far one wants to go. To say it with somebody brilliant I know: there is a time we must pull our ladder up and simply enjoy what we like personally!

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
Moving? arrrgh!!

Moving is such an inconvenience and aggravation! BigCom has it correct. Thanks for all the hard work, BayCol.
We are at the stage in our project where we are moving into the new expansion of the office.......ARRRRGHHH!!!! Will this project never end??

They say that one is almost finished when one can see the light at the end of the tunnel....sometimes I feel that that light is the taillight of the train that just ran over me.

Having said that, let me know if I can be of assistance. I could be your sorcerer's apprentice.

Regards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts