Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,049 Posts
It looks like some of the rifles are without bolts....someone with better eyes than me, check it out...

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,777 Posts
I don't know, those receivers all look fishy, as if they are simple tubes. Even zoomed in I can't pick up the normal contours of a Mosin receiver. Plus, none of them have cleaning rods...

·
Silver Bullet Member
182 Posts
All that I can see look like they have globe sights then you look at the one with the yellow circle, it appears to have no sight at all!

·
Copper Bullet member
1,869 Posts
They're demilled drill pieces (or something like that). They aren't going to trust their people operational 70 year old bolt actions. What do you think that is, the U.S.?

·
Registered
598 Posts

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,777 Posts
Interestingly enough, I don't recall ever seeing a "rebel yell" kind of formation in WWII photos or film except when on the ruins of some conquered city (like Berlin). The above photo, of disciplined marching I have seen, but the somewhat unruly rifle in the air seems anathema to what Stalin required in Red Square.

·
Registered
712 Posts
My bad yes 70th ann.

And yes the sling is tied up around the bolt to prevent it from flopping and catching on things while marching

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Two very different groups of soldiers, and rifles.

By the mismatched uniforms of the first bunch, I'd say they weren't soldiers.
The second group looks professional.

Phil

·
Gold Bullet Member
13,723 Posts
Maybe movie prop rifles in the first photo, real ones in the second, and soldiers carryin' them. Eyes right...not done too well, but looks decent.

LB

·
Diamond Bullet Member
1,777 Posts
I hadn't thought of movie props, that could be. But I did notice, as Lancebear, that the other formations with true Mosins, the men look less crisp or sharp than they did with Uncle Joe in command.

Now, it would have been cool if they were all marching with SVT's - Stalin seemed to prefer SVT formations - they did look more impressive for the papers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts