Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I have been searching for some hard to find parts for a Reminton Model 24 and a Marlin Model No.25 slide action for some time now. None of the usual sources had what I needed. A friend turned me on to a little shop called "The Gun Garage" in Siloam Springs, AR.

Called them on Wednesday looking for an extractor and a couple of screws for the Marlin and a cartridge lifter and barrel adjusting ring for the
Remington. For those not familiar with the Marlin No. 25 it is a slide action rifle similar to the model 18 and Model 20, but only made 1910-1911. Al, the owner, was very helpfull and had everything I was looking for. When it came time to discuss payment he told me the total and asked if this would be credit card or CHECK!! I told him either. He said "Just drop me a check in the mail once you get the parts. If the extractor is not the right one, send it back with the check for what you keep." I was floored. The parts arrived promptly and everything fit perfectly. The customer service was top notch and Al really knew his stuff when it came to what I was needing. I always advertise loudly for any company that gives great customer service as it is so rare these days, so here goes:

The Gun Garage
Al Bolduc-Owner
479-524-2038
[email protected]

If you are needing parts and want great service, give Al a call

Ammonman

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess a little old school business goes a long way!
Thank you for the kudos.
I have a new address--- [email protected] Phone 479-524-2038 Tues thru Thurs. Thank you- Al
Sir,

I just tried to send an e-mail to your old address and it bounced, I guess I should have read the whole thing, DUH! I also just tried to give you a call (once again should have read the whole thing)!!! I need a magazine tube plug screw for my 1952 vintage Marlin 336 R.C. in 32 Win Special. I will add your new/correct e-mail address and send it again.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks. I'll let my local smith know about that source. Parts can be a headache to find. Lots of great folks in the firearms business community. McMillan is great. So is Fulton Armory. The people who enjoy and respect guns and people are always nice to do business with and more than deserve recommendation. Oh -- and The Bore House, in Lampassas, TX is the best source I've found for obsolete cartridges. I hope they're still in business. They load ammo I'd never heard of before, and the prices are compettitive. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts