Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mostly a mauser guy, but today something caught my eye. I was scanning the local classifieds and saw an ad for a Gras in .22. It's marked m80 and appears to be a full size gras, but the seller is stating it's a .22. The stock has been cut down at the barrel band and I guess there's something up with the front sight but other than that it appears to be in good condition. My questions before purchasing are what variety of .22 can I shoot in this thing? I have a ton of LR's but he's stating that it's in .22 long, which is the first chambering of this I've heard for a military trainer. Additionally, am I okay to shoot modern, bulk pack .22 in this? Where it's marked 1883 this is before smokeless, but then again it's a .22 in a full sized rifle receiver so maybe there's an exception. Let me know. Thank you all in advance!

·
Silver Bullet member
31,827 Posts
My dad bought one back from WWII, have pics in this thread someplace.

Others can chime in, but my brother in law who has Dad's. 22 Gras now has never had an ammo problem with it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.