Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ship, some people get all the luck. And she turned it in. Unbelieveable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grandmother sent machine gun in the post that was meant for nearby police HQ
dailymail.co.uk ^ | December 10, 2008

Posted on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:58:35 PM by Free ThinkerNY

A grandmother was left petrified when she was sent a police machine gun in the post by mistake.

The package was delivered by a courier to Catherine Roots when it should have been sent to firearms officers at the nearby police HQ.

Mrs Roots had been expecting a horse harness in the post so opened the package thinking it was that.

Instead, she found the Heckler & Koch black sub-machine gun staring back at her.

She called the police and two armed officers turned up and took it away.

Red-faced officers later explained a gun supply company made a one-digit mistake with the postcode when they sent it to Dorset Police HQ in Winfrith near Dorchester.

Mrs Roots, who is her 50s and runs a small-holding at Winfrith, said: 'I was absolutely and totally shocked, and petrified.

'I get a lot of packages and I signed for it thinking it was a harness for one of my horses.

'I just plonked it down and didn't think about it, but when I later opened it up I was terrified.

'You don't expect something like that to to arrive. I was petrified and I didn't touch it - I didn't know if it would go off.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

·
Banned
5,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey kepler, don't you think they would have figured it out, like in about an hour.

Yeah, but a good lie could have covered that up.

Probably would have taken them a few days though. Govt. agencies work that way.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
'You don't expect something like that to to arrive. I was petrified and I didn't touch it - I didn't know if it would go off.
Eh, does Granny think the routinely ship loaded firearms? :rolleyes:

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
72,456 Posts
Unsolicited mail does not have to be returned.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Unsolicited mail does not have to be returned.
Things intended for someone else but sent to you in error are not "unsolicited mail" and you have no legal right to keep it. Sorry. And anyone with any honor at all would never even consider keeping something that they knew belonged to someone else.

But not everyone has honor, and this thread just proved that.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
Oh COME ON! it was meant to be funny, but you are already making allegations of evil intentions.
NOBODY here would keep the thing and risk going to jail. AND this was in ENGLAND!

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
If she didn't have to sign for it and she kept it, the sender and courier would be excreting Twinkies I bet.

·
Banned
9,193 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
buttwipes LE should give her a reward, or dinner coupons.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,291 Posts
If it came to my house, I'd put it in the safe and have my lawyer call ATFE to tell them a stray rattlegun was wandering around, and did they want to arrange to pick it up at his office or pay his mileage and travel fee for him to bring it to theirs. And "Sorry, my client doesn't want to appear in this matter, the gun was dropped on his property and he doesn't want it - or to hand it over to the locals because he doesn't trust them".

My alternative would be to drive up to Tyler and walk into the local ATFE office with the package and say "The postman brought this to my house, but it ain't mine and it doesn't have any bidness wandering around. Make life miserable for the people involved, why don't you?"

·
Registered
636 Posts
"Why do the police in England need sub-machine guns,with all laws and bans in place,there shouldn't be any crime:)"

Mumbai Killings proved that, whether England or India or Australia...it doesnt work

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
I think more laws couldn't hurt. I mean heck, certain drugs are illegal and criminals can't get those :rolleyes:

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
i'd have probably just fell face down in the yard and put my hands behind my back.... kinda like on that TV show with the child predators.....expecting to get swarmed/busted any second. i like clyde's idea. turn it on them.

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
i'd have probably just fell face down in the yard and put my hands behind my back.... kinda like on that TV show with the child predators.....expecting to get swarmed/busted any second. i like clyde's idea. turn it on them.
Make sure you lock up your Dogs/cats too....they'll be the first ones shot....then make sure you lock up your wife and children (Randy Weaver).....they'll be in the crosshair next.......then just HOPE your ass doesn't get shot......then turn the weapon in and hope for the best.......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts