Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,126 Posts
You got a very nice example. Congrats! Especially on the case of ammo!

Reactions: DanKuz

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,190 Posts
That is a commissioned officer. That is Major Nice. Congratulations.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now you have to research the troop tag and see what it yields.....
I already tried. The guy was born in 1934 so he might be still around. He also lived in a small town of only 3k people. A quick phone book search gave his number and address. When I tried calling the number I was told that nobody of that name is living there. Luckily it's a small town, so the plan is to message everyone with the same last name on Facebook and hope the guy is their relative.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice, have you had a chance to shoot it yet? If not I'll bet you can't wait and your going to love it!

My Schmidt-Rubin compulsion (obsession) grew to include the Vetterli line. Be very careful grasshopper!
Mine too!

I think that your case of ammo is worth more than the rifle right now.?
The rifles have gone waaay up in price up here now, going for $600-$900 Canadian.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,190 Posts
How do you know that?
My bad. A play on words only. Something is sometimes major cool, major disaster, etc. Well, your acquisition is major nice. Major........officer...... oh well. It is a new year. I will do better. :sneaky:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.