Gunboards Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Amen brother! If we face these new faster moving zombies then we'll need all the mags and ammo we can lay our hands on. If it's the older stumbling models we can take our time shooting them and conserve our ammo.

The non gun people I know think I have a screw loose for even thinking like this.

We'll be the ones laughing as the non gun people are beating on our doors for protection from the flesh eaters.;)

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
ran a few more mags through mine today, still no blues. shoots just a tad high, about 2 inches at 35 yards, i really hate to pull the front post up much more, may just hold a fine bead. can someone.... (Oldgoat) post what a scope mount looks like on the galil.

· Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,924 Posts
ran a few more mags through mine today, still no blues. shoots just a tad high, about 2 inches at 35 yards, i really hate to pull the front post up much more, may just hold a fine bead. can someone.... (Oldgoat) post what a scope mount looks like on the galil.
And here I thought I was the only one who got one that worked, you're bumming me out. I was getting ready sell mine and start pimping out my Mini so I could get better accuracy and spare parts too... :)

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
you know WE don't like mini's. couldn't hit a cow in the butt at 100 yards with one.:D the galil is taking getting used to, it's just too smooth when firing, and i keep waiting on some kind of recoil, it just ain't there.

· Registered
759 Posts
I sold my factory Galil a while back (and my Valmet 76) and missed having a reliable blaster .223. I built up a Ruger Mini. Not as sexy as either of the other two but quality parts are available and they work with about the same accuracy for WAY less. If your buying a Galil try to stick with IMI receivers or factory guns. Good luck on spare parts!

Thats a nice looking Mini-14, reminds me of the A-team!

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
That truly is a GOOD friend, and they are damn hard to find this day, and time. Your friend should be able to send it back to Century if he was the original purchaser of the rifle. This crap about a year warranty is bull $hit, threaten to sue them, and send pics of the offending parts, if necessary, and mention you have had a qualified gunsmith inspect/docuement the rifles condition. I've had excellent customer service, and results from the lady I spoke with at Century's customer service department, several different times. If your friend doesn't get the results he wants from the CS rep., ask to speak to their CS MANAGER. Your friend should be able to get a refund, or another rifle, either way. Don't give up on your dream to own a Galil/Golani from Century, as there are some NICE ones out there, they all aren't turds, as some people would have you believe. After getting out of the milsurp hobby for 15yrs, my first purchase that got me back into the hobby was one of Century's Cetme rifles, I was sooo stoked about this rifle, until I started reading some of the various boards on the net about the Century Cetme, and I was almost afraid to shoot the rifle! After a complete dis-assembly/cleaning/inspection, and lubing I got enough courage to shoot the damn thing, and was very impressed with it, and still have it to this day. I would not take any amount of money for my Cetme, granted I've tweaked on it quite a bit, but it remains one of the crown jewels in my meager milsurp collection to this day. My point is, that you can buy a lemon, no matter who the mfg. is, even HK. $hit happens! Best wishes.
Michael
He really is a good friend and it is something I don't take lightly or for granted. I bought a '95 Spanish Mauser from him once that had excessive headspace. He replaced it with a similar rifle and let me keep the scope and nicer stock from the first rifle. We've been trading back and forth for a long time and he's always done me right, of course I do the same for him.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.