Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
what serial number range is known for problems? i just got one, seems like a low number. just fired a few rounds so far, no problems. #005XX.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
got so many other 223's i probably won't shoot the galil enough to find out if it is problamatic. started to leave it unfired, but i shot it about 15 times. i'm an AR kinda dude.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
galil blues

here's my golani blues..... well, at least it's on a blue beach towel. i like the weight and feel, feels better than most AK's, shooting, it seems a lot smoother and quiet. also, what sling is correct for these, i just threw on an AK/SKS one.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm. in that case, i'm gonna shoot mine more than i palnned. how long is Century's warranty? :D

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
highestangel, mine is in the 500 serial range. i looked at 2 when i bought mine, 1 had a deep distinct F stamped in the bottom of the reciever, mine has a tiney F stenciled, need a magnifying glass to see it. i assume it's been "fixed". havent' looked at the pin yet, though. finally quit raining, after 3 days, i'll try to get out and test it a little more real soon.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
highest, i did break it down and clean when i got it. wasn't dirty or too gritty, did not dissasemble the bolt, though. i did take the bolt out last nite and pressed the rear on a table to make sure it had the spring. then lighntly lubed. what's the deal on the bayo lugs and the bipod mounts, was it hit or miss, luck of the draw from century? mine has neither. cetracer, i like your bipod and mount.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
PSL, are you saying the rifle fails to function because the bullet slams the breechface? how often did that happen?

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
ran a few more mags through mine today, still no blues. shoots just a tad high, about 2 inches at 35 yards, i really hate to pull the front post up much more, may just hold a fine bead. can someone.... (Oldgoat) post what a scope mount looks like on the galil.

· Silver Bullet member
12,960 Posts
you know WE don't like mini's. couldn't hit a cow in the butt at 100 yards with one.:D the galil is taking getting used to, it's just too smooth when firing, and i keep waiting on some kind of recoil, it just ain't there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.