Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been itching for a new build and there has always been three factors when choosing something to build.
Cost of the kit.
Availability of parts.
Cost to feed it.
The cetme model C seems to meet those three requirements. Plus it's steel and wood,as a rifle should be. I've built quite a few AK's so know the procedure of bending flats.fitting barrels etc. but the cetme seems to have something I haven't seen before. The weldment kit. What's up with that? Are those pieces not in the demilled kits?
Do you harden and temper the receiver once you've bent it? My last AK I bought a Nodak Spud receiver so I wouldn't have to deal with that little piece of aggravation.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Who makes longer barrels like that? Sorry, had to ask....
Probably Krieger,McGowan or Shilen but you would have to have it custom made.
This barrel was a take off match barrel off a 700 Rem. It was originally 26" but the chamber and tenon had been cut crooked so I wound up taking 2-1/2" off,rechambering,cutting in the flutes,threading the muzzel end 5/8-24 and profiling the OD. The bore is perfect and straight as a string.

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Gas Machine Auto part

Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Tire Machine tool

I love my lathe!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.